Wanted: DRZ400 Drive Shaft Seal & Stainless spacer

Padge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Doing some work on the bike this evening and noticed a leak at the seal behind the wee sprocket.
Seems to be a pretty common problem but bad timing as I need the bike for next weekend and there don't seem to be any kits on Ebay.

Anyone have a Seal and Spacer they are willing to sell?
Even a seal would get me outta trouble?

Cheers
P

You need to get a stainless steel spacer you will not get the problem reocuring if you phone a guy at Midwest racing called Graham on 01225763945 he will get you one and mail it to you.Thay got one for me and a seal, or check there web site www.midwestracing.co.uk thay are very helpfull.:thumb2

Tried Midwest but no answer so called Leisure Trial.
Tom was extremely helpful and are posting direct to my hotel in Devon.

£19.95 for the spacer
£5 for the seal
£0.99 for the oring

:aidan

:beerjug: Superb result, glad I could help. :thumb2

I really must check to see if mine has been done but it's being used too often :D

Copy.jpg

Have found the same issue with mine and ordered the parts. Went to take it apart and cannot get the seal cover plate screws undone and the spacer does not want to come off the shaft, all looks a but rusty to be. Will it be OK to use an impact driver on those screws? Don't want to damage anything giving it a bash....:(

I really must check to see if mine has been done but it's being used too often :D

Checked & replaced. :thumb2

NewOldSpacers.jpg

Went to take it apart and cannot get the seal cover plate screws undone and the spacer does not want to come off the shaft, all looks a but rusty to be. Will it be OK to use an impact driver on those screws? Don't want to damage anything giving it a bash....:(

A quick bash with an impact driver got mine loose OK. :thumb2

SpacerOut.jpg

Yes, I went out and bought one and it did the trick, all back together and no sign of a leak.

Back
Top Bottom