2010 seat

kiwiAdventure

Reaction score
Today I received a soft 2010 seat and now waiting for it's first ride. The seat is built the same as the original but a hell of a lot softer. It was cheap compared to other BMW parts $227.00us

The dealer says that the seats are the same for 2009 and 2010, also the part number is the same so no idea if I would get a 2009 or 2010 seat if I order one. It should not make any difference, according to the dealer, because the seats are made the same way for this year as last year. Even though motorcyclist.com writes: "A new seat design; now filled with soft foam and also displays an enlarged radius in the upper thigh area, provides the rider additional comfort and control over the bike." :nenau

they definately changed the seat for 2010 with a totally new part.

i have a 2009 and sat on a 2010 and its loads different.

The dealer says that the seats are the same for 2009 and 2010, also the part number is the same so no idea if I would get a 2009 or 2010 seat if I order one. It should not make any difference, according to the dealer, because the seats are made the same way for this year as last year. Even though motorcyclist.com writes: "A new seat design; now filled with soft foam and also displays an enlarged radius in the upper thigh area, provides the rider additional comfort and control over the bike." :nenau

I have the 2010 seat and it is 100% softer than the old seat.:thumb

Once again a dealer not doing his home work:augie

Same answer from the other dealer, they have no information about any changes for the 2010 seat :nenau

I have the 2010 seat and it is 100% softer than the old seat.:thumb

Once again a dealer not doing his home work:augie

I've not tried chasing this with my dealer (though I would like a softer seat) but feedback on here and ADVRider is that there's no new part number for the 2010 seat. Given how few of these bikes there are floating around then it's quite likely a dealer isn't going to know anything about it especially if their only source of information is the parts list. I suppose the only way to find out is to order a seat and see what arrives.

I've not tried chasing this with my dealer (though I would like a softer seat) but feedback on here and ADVRider is that there's no new part number for the 2010 seat. Given how few of these bikes there are floating around then it's quite likely a dealer isn't going to know anything about it especially if their only source of information is the parts list. I suppose the only way to find out is to order a seat and see what arrives.

What is it so hard for a dealer to RING:blast or even EMAIL:eek: BMW if Australia and New Zealand can supply the new SOFT seat why not your dealers. New Zealand only has 6 450's

What is it so hard for a dealer to RING:blast or even EMAIL:eek: BMW if Australia and New Zealand can supply the new SOFT seat why not your dealers. New Zealand only has 6 450's

Good question, and one I might well ask. In the meantime what was the part number for your soft seat?

I don't have the part number I didn't need to know as I have the seat:comfort

Your OP reads as if you bought the seat after you got the bike, did your dealer not give you a receipt with a part number on it?

Today I received a soft 2010 seat and now waiting for it's first ride. The seat is built the same as the original but a hell of a lot softer. It was cheap compared to other BMW parts $227.00us

Hi Kiwi, is this a 2010 seat on an older bike '08 or '09, or is it a 2010 bike?
Just wondering if the seats are interchangeable.

Hi Kiwi, is this a 2010 seat on an older bike '08 or '09, or is it a 2010 bike?
Just wondering if the seats are interchangeable.

It's an 08/09 450

29Nov007.jpg

First ride on the 450

BMW first sent the wrong seat which was an 08/09 seat the replacement seat came with no paper work.

Send an email to the store I purchased the seat from they will sell you a 2010 seat.

http://www.morganandwacker.com.au/contact-us.aspx

The third dealer took the time ot check this and the 2010 seat is softer and I ordered one. The stupid thing is that the part number is the same for 2009 and 2010 seats :doh

Back
Top Bottom