Front wheel noise

Bohsfc

Reaction score
I have what sounds like a dry squeek in the front wheel. It does not sound like pads but more like a bearing. Discovered while actually checking the front end, to try and pin point what I can only describe as a 'knock' coming through the handlebars while riding.

Is there a bearing in the front wheel which is easily greased or replaced if needed and also is the bearing in the steering head easily checked?

Have a check to see if one or both of the discs is loose.If it is,do a search and there's a thread all about it:thumb2

How many miles on the bike?.
The steering balljoint can wear after a while,so look for movement there while someone tries to flex the forks.
Unbolt the calipers,move them out of the way and then spin the wheel,listening for noise and feeling for play in bearings and discs.
There's two bearings in the front wheel,one is a cheap,common one and the other is an extra wide spendy one from BWM.

How many miles on the bike?.
The steering balljoint can wear after a while,so look for movement there while someone tries to flex the forks.
Unbolt the calipers,move them out of the way and then spin the wheel,listening for noise and feeling for play in bearings and discs.
There's two bearings in the front wheel,one is a cheap,common one and the other is an extra wide spendy one from BWM.

94000km on the clock. Will try what you said. Thanks:thumb2

Well, I took off the front wheel and greased up the bearings and all seems quiet now so must have been dry:blast, but sorted now.

So now til the next problem.:augie

Back
Top Bottom