SHOCK!

Borderline

Just got the rear shock for my 1100 back from ABE in Greenwich - what a transformation!

I have only had my bike for about 6 months/4000 miles and can only assume that the shock has been knackered for all of this time (didn't really notice because the gearbox was on the way out).

I wondered what all the fuss about GS handling was about - now I know.
Got new Tourances (old type), overhauled/cleaned my brakes and along with the shock rebuild (£100 for rebuild and £50 for new rod) my bike has been transformed - really is like a different bike - even seems to go faster.

YAHOO!

How much??

My earplugs make my bike go faster, especially the green ones...

Just got the rear shock for my 1100 back from ABE in Greenwich - what a transformation!

I have only had my bike for about 6 months/4000 miles and can only assume that the shock has been knackered for all of this time (didn't really notice because the gearbox was on the way out).

I wondered what all the fuss about GS handling was about - now I know.
Got new Tourances (old type), overhauled/cleaned my brakes and along with the shock rebuild (£100 for rebuild and £50 for new rod) my bike has been transformed - really is like a different bike - even seems to go faster.

YAHOO!

Was that £100 postage both ways, wi the shocker rebuild?

I paid for the postage to ABE and they charged me £10 on top of the £100 for the rebuild.
£50 for a chromed rod seemed a lot, but then - I can remember when crisps were 3d a bag.
It was still loads cheaper than the cheapest new shock (Hagon?), and I now have a quality, as new shock.

Back
Top Bottom