Servicing Costs

phantom92

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just been into my local BMW garage to see about getting my bike serviced, the guy in there said I would need my brake fluid changing. That is when my jaw hit the floor and £145 for the service not to bad, but another £127 just to change the brake fluid. Has anybody else had the same shock and have you managed to get it done any cheaper? I live in Grimsby so any help would be fine, oh by the way I have only done 5500 miles since new and it is a 55 plate (back problems just after I bought it).

Guess thats Astle's. Try another bike shop like Robspeed or Martin Hargreaves.

HTH

Does anyone know how to do it on a 07 1200gsa as the abs pump is different to that one shown in Slowdowns link. As i've not been able to come accross any info yet.:bow

Does anyone know how to do it on a 07 1200gsa as the abs pump is different to that one shown in Slowdowns link. As i've not been able to come accross any info yet.:bow

There is no servo on a '07 bike. So bleeding the brakes on a non-servo GS is just like bleeding the brakes on any 'normal' bike.

It's an absolute doddle, especially as there's a bleed nipple next to the master cylinder on the front brakes. :thumb2

Jim von Baden did do a 'HOWTO bleed non-servo brakes' on ADVRider (and possibly his own site)

Extortionate servicing costs

Just been quoted £255 for a 12month/6000mile service at Allan Jefferies.
This includes Changing Brake fluid!!!!!
Gearbox oil (The sevice schedule found on the forum shows this at 24,000miles, however I am told this is an out of date schedule)
How do they justify these prices, I paid less to have a three year old car with 30,000 miles serviced and MOT'd at a main dealers.

Back
Top Bottom