Some more questions

Spitfire

Reaction score
So I hear they are going to stop producing the G450X is this true? I also hear over on some other forums there have been some reliability issues on this bike? I do take these things with a little pinch of salt but I hope I havent bought a lemon?

What do you guys think?

So I hear they are going to stop producing the G450X is this true? I also hear over on some other forums there have been some reliability issues on this bike? I do take these things with a little pinch of salt but I hope I havent bought a lemon?

What do you guys think?

Have you read on this site any bad reliability issues. Just follow BMW team 450 to see how reliable the bike is.

The 450 is still being built it is only the BMW team racing bike which has changed to date. It all depends on the numbers of the bike sold. If the bike does not sell then production will stop.

Spend more time on the bike and not reading forum sites:clap

Spend more time on the bike and not reading forum sites:clap

What he said!

Like all bikes you're going to hear more from those who've had problems than those who haven't. I know there have been a couple of people on this site who have had big issues and I've had a couple of minor problems (which I would expect on a used bike) but dealer backup has been very good and other owners I've spoken to have been pleased with the bike.

What he said!

Like all bikes you're going to hear more from those who've had problems than those who haven't. I know there have been a couple of people on this site who have had big issues and I've had a couple of minor problems (which I would expect on a used bike) but dealer backup has been very good and other owners I've spoken to have been pleased with the bike.

Good points..........but I dont pick up the bike until the 21st, hence the questions :)

Good points..........but I dont pick up the bike until the 21st, hence the questions :)

I had one of the first G450X'S in the uk and had no problems at all apart from the flimsy sidestand.I did get it serviced every ten hours at the dealer and changed the oil after every two rides.Kept it on a trickle feed so had no issues with the battery.
I guess it just needs lots of looking after and you will be ok.Dealer support was way above all the other brands I have had.

Enjoy the bike,the engine is a real stormer and will put a grin on youir face everytime you open up the throttle - Enjoy

Jay B

i had one of the firtst bike's
sept 2008.
almost 100 hours and no problem.
change oil and filter every 10 hours(in a rally every 15-20/2-3 days riding) and that care of the air filter.
Had it serviced at the dealer the first couple of time's but now do it myself.
Only valves chack i havent don yet the last 40 hours......but becaus the firtst 50 hours that was no problem i presums it wil be ok at the time being, will check it later this month.

i love the bike.

I also had one of the first on the block :D It spat the engine out at just over 60 hours of quite hard riding. One of those things... BWM were very good about it and swapped the engine out on the spot. The G450X is a stunning machine, highly capable and a joy to ride, I also loved mine.

These days I ride something a bit bigger and quicker but I would have another GX in a flash if the right one showed up, regardless of hours on the clock.

Highly recommended :thumb2

I'm on my second one, did about 160 hours on the first one with no probs at all. Had an offer on a used one with few hours and all the trick bits at a good price, otherwise i would still have the original one. Awesome piece of kit and i love riding mine.

Back
Top Bottom