Zumo 660 + Autocom + iPhone

Skorpion

Reaction score
I have an Autocom Active Duo (200) into which I have my ipod and my PMR radio linked. Works great. Now I fancy adding a satnav (Zumo 660) to the equation and as it is bluetoothed, link my iPhone to it.

What I would like to do is,
loose the ipod & use the Zumo for tunes
link my iPhone to the Zumo and use the Autocom through the Zumo to speak on calls
still use bike to bike radio

I'm guessin there is no problem with getting tunes from the Zumo - a 3.5mm 3 pole cable from the audio out should do it
the bike to bike should still work fine as I'm not changing anything there.

My question is, how do I link the phone - I'm guessing bluetooth to the Zumo and hardwire from the Zumo back to the Autocom with a 2.5mm 4 pole to a 3.5mm 4 pole cable. Am I correct and does the Zumo come with this cable or do I need to go back to Autocom and splash some more cash.

Thanks in advance

S.

you need a fiter box bit i forgot part number but can get you it tomorrow night which is the 4pole 3.5 which plugs in to autocom then there are two leads one being 2.5 to 3.5 mono which plugs in the the box and the mic socket on 660 and the other is 3.5 to 3.5 3pole which then plugs in to box and speaker socket on 660. i think that is right phone works a treat and music on micro card in 660 no more ipod cables. ps pay your 12 quid it's worth it.

I bluetooth my iPhone to the Zumo, and then Bluetooth the Zumo to the Autocom as a headset.

Works great most of the time - sometimes it doesn't work at all, but just needs a reset, and then it works.

I am same as Toad

You need an extra widget
Part 1273 I think
Autocom bluetooth gadget...

Google and cough at price :)

example of usage - http://www.angelridevideos.com/reviews/Bluetooth.html
but rather than direct to phone - you go the 2-step via zumo
its very good - people dont believe I am on the bike - let alone on the autobahns :)
Going via the Zumo means you get to see the caller number (or name if you have them in the phone address book) on screen and also ring hotels and restaurants while moving

Last edited:
I am same as Toad

You need an extra widget
Part 1273 I think
Autocom bluetooth gadget...

Google and cough at price :)

I recommend Chainspeed for the part.

Sam runs it and used to work for Autocom.

the part i have is 2190 gps isolation adaptor

Attachments

• 2190.jpg
    2190.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 122
Thanks guys

660 arrived yesterday but I won't have time to look at it till the weekend. Had a quick look at the bluetooth dongles - yikes what a price. The 660 has stereo bluetooth - any recommendations for using this for audio or am I better sticking with hard wired audio out?

Cheers

S.

Back
Top Bottom