St.Eptoe headguards

kirky1298

Reaction score
img0355v.jpg

rhs.jpg

img0356v.jpg

they do exactly wot it says on the tin ,undoubtedly the best bit of kit ever bought .. no fancy fucking names ,no stupid prices , just a practical bit of kit that will undoubtedly keep you mobile after a spill . throw the bike up the road with no worries .....pick it up & ride on ..... cheers for an excellent bit of kit Neil :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2 if only more vendors were selling quallity gear like yours ... :D:D

Bit of a bad bike dropping habit you've there:D

Still if it ain't got the scars it hasn't been their:thumb

Adrian

it's not scars , it's character :thumb:thumb:thumb
it's a working bike , not an advert for fucking autoglym :augie:augie u know who u are !!!!
but the marks usually polish out :augie:augie:augie

Notice that you also have a second set of crash bars on the bike too, how did you find the two different sets compared, do you think one took more of the brunt on the damage that the other?

I have Steptoe's head guards on my 1150 and have considered others for additional protection if I'm touring with luggage or going off road. From what I read before purchasing it seems as though the headguards protect from some impacts that regular crash bars don't, and vice versa.

Also, how did your system panniers and indicators fair in the drops, as I have those too, and what else touched down/broke etc in the impacts. Might be helpful to know when planning any further additions.

Cheers,

J.

it's a working bike , not an advert for fucking autoglym :augie:augie u know who u are !!!!

I like that philosophy.
I treat mine like my Land Rover in that the dirt and marks are part of the story of the bike. The one I like the most unfortunately I didn't do, it is the gouge on the rear rim. I do wonder how they got that on it.

Adrian

Notice that you also have a second set of crash bars on the bike too ..........
Cheers,

J.

I don't have the head gurds, but do have BMW chocolate crash bars and the plastic head covers. Needless to say the plastic bends and breaks very easily and costs a mint to replace (at least for a bit of plastic). The crash bars are no better and mine have fractured at one of the welds - I have only ever dropped the bik whilst stationary and have lowered it to the ground rather than let it fall (once past the balance point - there is no stopping it), so I have no reason to think that the crash bars would do their job in a reall off at any speed.

Indicators, panniers are all fine - but I would expect them to be at 0 speed.

Note to self - I must get a set of StEptoes fantastic guards, just need to save the pennies

Bloody Hell....:eek:

If that's what they make you do....I'm taking mine OFF.... :D

I prefer Autosol and a toothbrush myself.

Seems to me a particularly gormless pastime laying a bike on its side and whipping out the camera rather than getting the thing upright.

Seems to me a particularly gormless pastime laying a bike on its side and whipping out the camera rather than getting the thing upright.

MMMMMM :mmmm
You have obviously never been on a ride out with this bunch of TOSSERS...
1st rule is, you drop tour bike IT HAS TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED if at all possible..:augie
Some folk [Timolgra for eg :augie ] have got the art of getting the bike back upright before the quickest trigger finger in the world can capture the moment.:D
Others [Pumpy for eg ] take great pride in the pics of their bike on it's side...:thumb2

Speaking of which...

I've decided to finally ditch my annoying (as in they're in the way for every single service operation and probably wouldn't actually protect anything anyway) engine bars and fit some headguards instead.

Anyone (or indeed Stepper's if you're listening) happen to know if Steptoe's headguards are special order items only (they're not in his web shop)?

some good , funny replies there guys , but i aint biting :thumb2:thumb2
the only 2 reasons i left the crash bars on , added protection from front impacts to the cylinders and i use them as footrests on the motorway :thumb2:thumb2

Anyone (or indeed Stepper's if you're listening) happen to know if Steptoe's headguards are special order items only (they're not in his web shop)?

They aren't on display in the gs shop as i have none in stock at the moment.

Waiting for the foundary to call when the next batch is ready. Then i may cease production, as it's a lot of fecking around and a big outlay and a looong wait before you get your money back, and then it's in dribs and drabs so you always feel like you've lost the money, if you know what i mean.

Notice that you also have a second set of crash bars on the bike too, how did you find the two different sets compared, do you think one took more of the brunt on the damage that the other?

I have Steptoe's head guards on my 1150 and have considered others for additional protection if I'm touring with luggage or going off road. From what I read before purchasing it seems as though the headguards protect from some impacts that regular crash bars don't, and vice versa.

Also, how did your system panniers and indicators fair in the drops, as I have those too, and what else touched down/broke etc in the impacts. Might be helpful to know when planning any further additions.

Cheers,

J.

a wee bit of scuffing to the pannier with dragging the bike round on the hill to lift it . otherwise no damage :thumb2:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom