New Bike

pnewman

Reaction score
Got this for my daily commute and a bit of off roading,
Really like it , already did a 500 mile day trip and found it fine and comfortable.
For a single i prefer it to my old Dakar.....

Putting Hyper pro front springs in , to stiffen the front up a bit.

Added a set of Ard Cases , well pleased with them , few other bits and pieces, kriega tank converter and US 10.

Put a high front fender on... what do you guys think.., better for off road as the low one get's plugged up...

I really like it for a light weight multi purpose bike , off and on road, , good mpg, fair bit of poke for everyday riding.

Best of all , £3750 with 1 years warranty left, touratech goodies, Renthal fatbars, New Tourances, tail tidy etc etc , and that was from BMW dealer too....

Good on Yamaha i say... it does what it says on the tin...

Happy days....

Paul

Attachments

• CIMG1140.jpg
    CIMG1140.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 252
I have liked these since they came out, cant seem to buy one s it seems too close to the gs.
thought about getting one as a green laner, but /I think it would be overkill better for further away lanes though.
oh and I only have little legs :augie

Great little bike bought one new in feb 2009.7000 miles later and still smiling.

Good green lane bike.

Mybikeatullswater.jpg

Like my old `90`s version, as long as you don`t need to get anywhere REALLY fast involving motorways they do pretty much everything. Surprisingly good on the tarmac twisties as well:thumb2

Re motorways, they hold a reasonable rate of knots without major stress , though buffeting can be an issue for some . Obviously not 1000cc+ fast but for safe uk progress they can hold thier own.

I rode one to the Dolomites last year, gave it a week's worth of trails whilst there, and rode it home again. A perfect budget allrounder.
Fuel consumption was excellent, speeds were fine for Euro motorways, and the 'N' roads were a hoot.

Timpo.

Back
Top Bottom