Mrs Gecko's comeback !

Gecko

Reaction score
Right , line up there.... form an orderly queue and have your wallets and credit cards at the ready. Thank you .... No pushing at the back there Fanum !:p

30th April 2009 , just 1 year ago , Mrs Gecko was on the receiving end of an amazing bit of medical science as she received the modern day equivalent of a bone marrow transplant (now done by stem cell transplantation). 1 year on after a long fight back she has resolved to run the 'Race for Life' in Richmond Park on the 27th June and she is trying to give something back and is raising sponsorship for Cancer Research. She's doing really well and I already told her she needs to set her fundraising target higher - but it would blow her away if some of you could find a way to sponsor her too, that would be really be special for her.

I know some people will just skip over this and that's understandable but remember that the research done by organisations like this are the reason why my wife and many more like her are still alive today. Who's next .... and will they be so lucky ...? Without the research and financial support from us the outlook is not good.

Dig deep please and donate anything you can please, every £1 helps - and be inspired by Mrs Gecko's story here :
http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/helencsutcliffe

Thanks everyone !
Ride safe :thumb2

Done ...

... and a bump, and a request for a Sticky:augie

Ditto!

So glad she's so much better...

:clap

Done :thumb2

It's great to hear about Mrs Gecko's progress. Good luck with the run.

Donation made .... and would you look at that, another 'bump' :)

Greetings boyz and girlz - and a HUGE Thank you to all those sponsors and supporters.
Mrs Gecko finished her Race for Life and in doing so raised £2300 in sponsorship for Cancer research. It took a lot out of her and I am sure she finished on adrenaline alone but she did it .

The pic is Mrs Gecko in the middle with the blue hat crossing the finish line (with a litte help from her friends)
I am very proud of her and you lot for supporting her. Thank you all !

... now where's my tea Missus !!?? :thumb

Attachments

• IMG_4080small.jpg
    IMG_4080small.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 152
:clap:clap:clap:clap

Awesome stuff Marc....fantastic achievement and wonderful to see how things have changed for you both :JB:bow:bow

Damn, something in my eye :mmmm

Back
Top Bottom