Desert Rose Academy - Stage2

DollyRocket

Reaction score
Anyone here doing the desert rose off-road academy course? I am doing the stage 2 course next week, wondered if there would be any other tossers doing it - or even members of ukgser?

Is that the 21/22 May fri sat down at Heathfield.

If it is I am doing it on 400, being as I just got one.

I am camping in Broadoak and going down from Oxford on Thursday night

Where are you staying and when you going down?

clive

Clive

I will see you there, will probably go early friday morning - Still in two minds about coming home each evening as the days finish around 4pm - only about 90 mins away from Heathfield.

Could always dig out the tent - have to see what condition it's in ?? Are you riding or driving over?

The weather is looking good so thinking of going on bike. Finish work in oxford at 5 and go down thro the rush hour. Staying at Greenview camping in Broadoak. £12 a night. Pub nearby and near the ride site.
Nice to get away from home.

clive

Had an absolute blast! Patsy and Zippy were brilliant instructors and the location was fantastic. (will post pics soon). There were 5 ukgsers on the course out of 12. Nice to put faces to forum handles.

If you are considering additional off-road training but are in two minds about it then I would not hesitate in recommending this. I have no hesitation about scrambling up or down very steep banks and jumping over obstacles (and streams!) - all on someone elses bike.

I have been thinking about going on one of these courses, everybody seems to speak very highly about the level of instruction. Looking forward to the pictures :thumb2:thumb2

I was one of those 5!

This was brilliant couple of days. Zippy had me doing things I did not know I was capable of! I had not "caught air" knowingly before, nor popped my front wheel up and over logs, nor tackled such steep descents, acute steep uphill turns, etc, etc; whilst having such a blast.

Best bit is that they are based in the south-east.

stage 2

I have to agree with all the above recomendations. Great couple of days.

Zippy was spot on at putting over the finer points of off roading.

Good bikes and kit all included. The area they use is woodland in a valley with stream at the bottom// Loads of steep hills and covered with dry leaves made for interesting passage.

good to meet you all

clive

ps sorry to busy for photos

Hi Clive,

great to meet you, glad that a couple of us less young un's could keep up with the rest.

Jackie caught some good shots of the other group, and the fun they were having with the hole we all dug in the river crossing....:D

Hopefully she will post them later in the week ...

I look forward to seeing the pics from Jackie - Both Lucas and I had some interesting moments at the near vertical stream banks :augie

I have put what pics I have on the Desert Rose facebook page - I will upload some to here later on today too. I have not done the BuMW off road skills course but I would imagine it would be similar with top class tuition. We packed a lot into the two days and I certainly feel I got my monies worth. My favourite bit so far was the 'special enduro' stage that Patsy made up with the river drops, steep ascents and the 10ft vertical drop off back into the river :clap.

Compared to how I was riding on day 1 (all wobbly and hardly moving) to storming around the MX course and getting air on the jumps by lunchtime on day2 - best value for money.

p.s. Wheelieing the 690 is not big or clever - still ache:blast

Back
Top Bottom