Manual For 1150 GS Adventure/Fast Idle Problem

Exile WCB

Need to buy a manual. Any recommendations? There's the trustworthy Haynes manual but I've seen a make called Clymer. Any experience of this company?
Aside from the standard servicing I'd like to do, I have a problem with the fast idle. It's not very fast. The revs only pick up if I hold the lever right up and even then it's not much. Means that the engine initially ticks over slowly and if I blip the throttle it cuts out. Not until the engine has warmed up a bit does it subside. Really only a problem in the cold mornings thankfully.
I suspect it may have something to do with the BBR performance chip fitted. Never fitted it so not sure. Anyone any experience with this? My plan is to figure out how to adjust the fast idle and troubleshoot from there.

You can probably find better information on here than in a clymer or Haynes... or at least you should take a good look first. Just do a search under the correct section and voila. .. you can also find lots of info on adventure rider under the wisdom bits and bobs... but the information on here (a lot of it being supplies by steptoe) is usually more straightforward.

Let us know if you are having problems finding what you are looking for. :thumb2

Having owned both the Clymer and Haynes I would go for the Clymer myself, though there are free downloads and the font of all wisdom which are very useful for servicing, your low idle problem is most likely caused by excess slack in the throttle cables, when I had too much slack in mine I lost the fast idle function altogether! If you do not have Vacuum gauges I might suggest you make up a manometer for balancing the Throttles, cheap easy and all you need.

Stewart

While you're at it, check your TPS voltage. Mine was running rough at idle/low throttle and drinking like a fish, turns out the voltage was 0.16 instead of 0.37. 5 minutes resetting it made a world of difference.

Thanks for the suggestions folks. Should be able to make a good stab at getting to the bottom of the problem. That online manual looks pretty useful

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom