Zumo 660 Version 3.80 as of may 17 2010

Funrider

Reaction score
The official update says:
* Corrected a possible freeze while playing MP3s while paired to a helmet and a phone
* Corrected to allowed routes to be imported from matching maps on MapSource without recalculation
* Corrected an issue that could cause a failure to transfer phonebooks from a Bluetooth connected phone with phonebook transfer support
* Corrected missing keys on Turkish keyboard
* Corrected an issue that could cause the unit to freeze when connected to a BMW mount and using the page key

So far I've also found:
Standard View, just like the old 660 view.
More Data view, which gives you 4 customisable boxes down the RH side of the screen.
More Map view, which gives you 3 boxes, but means you lose Lane Assist/Junction view.

Just go to Tools/Settings/Map/Map Data Layout, to find the above settings.

Choosing the vehicle icons has moved/changed.

The Audio Player Icon seems to be 'on' 100% of the time now on the Map :(

From what I read on the Zumo Forum, the round Speed Limit sign, bottom right, now turns red when you exceed the limit ;)

The Audio Player Icon seems to be 'on' 100% of the time now on the Map :(

Having just done the update on my Navigator IV - thanks for the heads-up - I don't have the Audio Player icon on the map.....:nenau

Unfortunately, it hasn't done anything to fix my Bluetooth problems when connected to my phone or a variety of different phones, come to that. I've spoken to Garmin Support who have confirmed it's broken and that I need to return it to a BMW dealership.

I updated my 660 last night to 3.8 and now the thing keeps turning itself off after around a minute :(

Garmin support reckon it could be a low battery, but I did tell them it was fine until I downloaded the new version.... and it does the same in the bike powered cradle...

So now they suggested I leave it plugged into the Mac for a couple of hours, then take battery out, put it back in and see what happens....

I wish I hadn't bothered ;)

I updated my 660 last night to 3.8 and now the thing keeps turning itself off after around a minute :(

Garmin support reckon it could be a low battery, but I did tell them it was fine until I downloaded the new version.... and it does the same in the bike powered cradle...

So now they suggested I leave it plugged into the Mac for a couple of hours, then take battery out, put it back in and see what happens....

Mine did that.

I took the battery out and SD card out and left it for about 5 minutes. Battery back in but without SD card. Took it outdoors, fired it up and it was fine.

Powered down; inserted SD card; battery back in and all is well.

Greg

From what I read on the Zumo Forum, the round Speed Limit sign, bottom right, now turns red when you exceed the limit ;)

Not on mine. The round speed limit sign has now moved to the bottom left of the screen, overlapping the bottom left tab and it's the digits of the displayed speed which turn red when you exceed the posted limit.

Perhaps if you don't have your current speed displayed in one of the two screen tabs, the round Speed Limit sign might turn red if you exceed the limit.....:nenau

{/geek}

Ok - so if it hasn't really "fixed" any problems... an update will not really be worthwhile :augie

Having dramas with mine after update, keeps powering down after 30seconds. Remove sd card and it's fine, formatted the card and again all fine, as soon as I put music on it just keeps shutting down:mad:

Mine did that.

I took the battery out and SD card out and left it for about 5 minutes. Battery back in but without SD card. Took it outdoors, fired it up and it was fine.

Powered down; inserted SD card; battery back in and all is well.

Greg

I possibly spoke too soon!

I've just reloaded the software update but without the SD card in the unit when I did it.

Tried it a few times now and it seems to be OK.

Greg

mnnnnn,

I'm off to the ardennes next week so i think i will leave the upgrade til i get back, otherwise the map will have to come out :eek:

Just done...

the update and all seems to be working ok...except I can't seem to find away to reset the odometer reading, which is displayed in the Trip page.

Carrying out a reset of the Trip page doesn't clear it...any ideas.....:D

Update on the thing turning itself off, I formatted the sd card and put about 20albums on, seems ok now, think it has something to do with too much music, had about 50 albums on before update and all was fine, now it doesn't seem to like to many :confused:

Update on the thing turning itself off, I formatted the sd card and put about 20albums on, seems ok now, think it has something to do with too much music, had about 50 albums on before update and all was fine, now it doesn't seem to like to many :confused:

I've been having the same problem since 3pm :( Finally managed to get it working with the majority of the tracks I had on before ( only 160 or so songs) on a 8Gb card... but its took some time ... I'm wondering if one of the song files was corrupted or something ??

Had enough now.....

Just updated 3!

Yes got three here at the moment, all appear to be running ok, but i think i need my bed.

will test them all again tomorrow. looks like i`ve converted it back to a 2610 with the tabs on the right had side. but they can be removed if you need all the screen.

like it so far...

try this

the update and all seems to be working ok...except I can't seem to find away to reset the odometer reading, which is displayed in the Trip page.

Carrying out a reset of the Trip page doesn't clear it...any ideas.....:D

recalibrate screen, worth a try, all three i have updated tonight work at the moment, and reset.

Yes got three here at the moment, all appear to be running ok, but i think i need my bed.

will test them all again tomorrow. looks like i`ve converted it back to a 2610 with the tabs on the right had side. but they can be removed if you need all the screen.

like it so far...

3 :eek
greedy man ;)

So far I've done:

• Master reset
  • Reloaded the firmware update
  • Deleted a few albums
  • Defragged the music SD card

... and it's holding up for now.

But Garmin are going to get both barrels tomorrow!

:mad:

Greg

So far I've done:

• Master reset
  • Reloaded the firmware update
  • Deleted a few albums
  • Defragged the music SD card

... and it's holding up for now.

But Garmin are going to get both barrels tomorrow!

:mad:

Greg

Rang them twice yesterday, and told them that the unit keeps switching itself off....

First bloke hard to understand directed me to a 3rd party site to download the old version and re-install it :confused: ( www.gawisp.com/perry/zumo )

I said " why should I do that, the new one should work"

Reply " There may be a problem we don't know about yet" :blast

So I downloaded it , then didn't know what to do with it... so rang them back and spent another 20 mins on hold :(

Second guy said " Don't know why you were sent to the other site to download an earlier version- who did you speak to? "

I obviously hadn't taken the details....

Anyway, he told me to make sure the battery was properly charged, but I told him it was-and still powered down when connected to the bike... he still wanted me to charge it for 2 hrs and disconnect/reconnect battery, or send back the unit :mad:

Anyway, reading your post Greg I worked out that it seemed to be something to do with the Mini SD card, as it worked without it...

Now I'm wondering if I should have removed the SD card completely prior to doing the updates... as it obviously cocked something up :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom