More help needed!! frame bar between foot pegs behind shock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Monkey

Reaction score
I am having to change my clutch pipe on 1150gsa and i have been looking through the bmw repair/service manual on pdf on how to do it. however , i have removed the rear wheel and shock, i can now see the end of the clutch pipe but there is a metal horizontal bar running between the two foot pegs that is preventing me from getting an allen key onto the pipe.

Do i have to take this bar off to change the clutch line or am i missing something? above the clutch slave there is a large plastic compartment which i cannot find a way to move - is this what i need to remove to do it or the bar?

i have been at this for 4 hours now and my hands are bleeding and im losing the will!! any help would be soooooo gratefully received

I am having to change my clutch pipe on 1150gsa and i have been looking through the bmw repair/service manual on pdf on how to do it. however , i have removed the rear wheel and shock, i can now see the end of the clutch pipe but there is a metal horizontal bar running between the two foot pegs that is preventing me from getting an allen key onto the pipe.

Do i have to take this bar off to change the clutch line or am i missing something? above the clutch slave there is a large plastic compartment which i cannot find a way to move - is this what i need to remove to do it or the bar?

i have been at this for 4 hours now and my hands are bleeding and im losing the will!! any help would be soooooo gratefully received

I'm sure steptoe posted a thread about this try searching it might help, sorry can't be more help :thumb2

Don't Remove Bar

I think manual tells you to remove bar or raise sub-frame:eek: - but if you first use a long-series allen key with a ball-end on the long arm you can get access to loosen and remove screws securing slave cylinder. To remove the banjo screw you need to move the cylinder to a better position to access banjo screw. Hope that makes sense - I'm working from memory here:rob. Assembly is reverse - fit hose & banjo & secure then refit slave cylinder.

Cheers......................Grizzly:beerjug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom