tps settings

stavross

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
working on my mates '03 1150 twin-spark today set the tps to .36 and it ran like a bag of spanners, like it was on one cylinder. reset it, and at .57 it now seems to be running fine. is this normal? do the twin sparks have different settings? everything else is set up ok.valves,end float,throttle bodies, new plugs. I have an '02 single spark and it is set to .36 and runs fine.:thumb2

I've read somewhere that a setting of over 0.4V is seen as an error by the ECU.You may be possibly be masking another fault on the twin-spark (coilstick?) by increasing the TPS voltage.The ECU thinks that the throttle butterflies are open further than they really are and is pumping a tad too much fuel in.

I've read somewhere that a setting of over 0.4V is seen as an error by the ECU.You may be possibly be masking another fault on the twin-spark (coilstick?) by increasing the TPS voltage.The ECU thinks that the throttle butterflies are open further than they really are and is pumping a tad too much fuel in.

Well done Keith :thumb, I'm amazed no one has mentioned it yet....

:thumb... but is that correct, just interested to know:)

thanks for the replies.willl have to check the coil sticks. just one point though - is it normal that by increasing the tps setting, the engine is running fine, if it was a coil stick wouldnt it run rough no matter what the setting?

Back
Top Bottom