Hall sensors equivalent

dancata

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a pair of new Hall sensors, and my usual supplier does not have them anymore (Farnell). Now... I have found an auto parts store, and the guy there said that he needs to know on what car are these sensors fitted, if there is any.

So, does any of you know a car that has the exact sensors?

Thanks,
Dan.

Hi all,

I am looking for a pair of new Hall sensors, and my usual supplier does not have them anymore (Farnell). Now... I have found an auto parts store, and the guy there said that he needs to know on what car are these sensors fitted, if there is any.

So, does any of you know a car that has the exact sensors?

Thanks,
Dan.

Hi,
I know this isn't what you asked, but got this info from a .pdf on the ADVrider site.

HONEYWELL S&C - 2AV54 - Hall Effect Magnetic Sensor

Sorry if you already have this info,

Mick

Yes, I know all about it, but the thing is that the seller down at the shop is so stubborn and he will only help me if I tell him a car model and year :)

There has to be a car that has these sensors on it...

There has to be a car that has these sensors on it...

Did a bit of Googling and found this, looks like it could be used on a Volvo AWD 850 although the poster is using the Honeywells as a cheaper alternative

This is at very bottom of the linked page:
"I believe this sensor assembly is also used on the V70 and other versions using the B5254 engine and/or dual OHC with camshaft position sensor."

HTH

Mick

Don't get the CYHME56 versions

I bought 5 a year ago used them, used them with no problem and replaced them with a new batch of 6

The new ones don't work correctly they trip out around 1850 rpm :eek: :eek: :eek:

After stripping and rebuilding a bean can twice and then rebuilding a second unit in case there was an earth problem

3 out of the 6 exhibit the same effect of cutting out @ 1850rpm and I loathed to try the last 3 because I am sure they will be the same

Using my old bikes bean can the bike runs perfect

My Advice while they may be a little more expensive get the Honeywell ones they are the design for the bike

Farnell are showing the Honeywell sensors back in stock at £10.22 ea but as usual they're US stock and there's a £15.95 one off delivery charge. Could be worth a few people clubbing together I guess?

Most premature HES failures are due to abuse.

The number one culprit being 'running the engine at a standstill'

When i read statements like... 'had the bike running in the garage and the header pipes were glowing' - I think to myself. 'very pretty BUTyou're gonna kill that bike'.

HES failure is one of the few things that can kill these bikes stone dead.. and with little or no warning. A real bugger to diagnose unless you happen to notice the REV counter doing its little manic jig.

I have total confidence in the new one thats now in my bike.. as it will never be abused by me. My bike is NEVER run at a standstill apart from whats necessary at service time.

My bike is NEVER run at a standstill.....

I also subscribe to this.

But: What always puzzles me is what should you do if you're stuck in traffic for any length of time on a particularly hot day? Or the continual stop-start crawl where filtering might not be an option, and you can see and feel the temp gauge starting to rise? Or anywhere hot like the South of France for example? At what point would you recommend stopping the engine, 6, 7, 8 bars on the temp gauge?
I'm not being facetious by the way!

Mick

If it starts to get hot even stopping for 2mins will help cool it

I prefer to pull over and chill instead of hussling and burning fuel to get a mile or two Either that or filter slowly or hopscotch the cars carefully

My theory goes If the battery is low and you try to grind it over to create the same power the starter MUST draw more current?? Any electrical bods concur?

Volts x Amps = Power?? So if the starter needs X to spin if you reduce volts then the Amps must increase to spin the starter hence putting a load on the whole system and those wee sensors are very susceptible to current

I also subscribe to this.

But: What always puzzles me is what should you do if you're stuck in traffic for any length of time on a particularly hot day? Or the continual stop-start crawl where filtering might not be an option, and you can see and feel the temp gauge starting to rise? Or anywhere hot like the South of France for example? At what point would you recommend stopping the engine, 6, 7, 8 bars on the temp gauge?
I'm not being facetious by the way!

Mick

Mine were misbehaving last night refitted a cable upgraded sensor package, 10 miles on horrible misfire, I Had set the timing bent over looking down not horizontal on a lift a good 5 degrees advance, they got way hot :blast:blast

I am a simple person and tend not to give them too much thought, and when/if they do fail i just replace them.

Honeywell HES

I'm due to be in the US again this November. So if there is sufficient demand I will get some delivered to our US office and bring them back in my suitcase.

So please step up and let me know

Neil

Back
Top Bottom