Disc lock alarm?

gabriel_gs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone fitted a disc lock with built in alarm - any recommendations?

What should you be paying for a decent one that won't go off in a stiff breeze?

I have one of these and am very pleased with it.

http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/motorbikes/alarm/page1/

The only issue I had was when the bike was parked outside overnight in Eastern Romania. The street cleaners were out early in the morning and a lot of water was sprayed over the lock, which must of been sounding for some time, since the batteries were flat in the morning. Other than this incident, no false alarms due to bike rocking in the wind etc.

Yeah I've been looking at them - which Model(s) you you both have?

Been looking at the XN15

I have a couple of Xenas and they work well. Not the loudest of alarms but I find them useful as you can never fall into the trap of riding off with the disc lock on. As soon as you move the bike the alarm goes off

I bought a Xena when I was in France & it's great!

It's a Sold Secure item & the pin turns & locks so the lock can't be prised apart.

The alarm runs off 6 watch batteries. No chance of riding off with it on 'cos it'll warn you when you get on.

Heavy but a good bit of kit & essential security to take when I'm touring.

:thumb2

Don't know what model mine is but it's bigger than that one given away with the subscription.

Stainless steel too.

q.jpg

qqqq.jpg

Pin turns & locks.
qq.jpg

qqqqq.jpg

i have one too. it gives me peace of mind if nothing else. i also have the wire rope wich is specifically designed to fit the disc lock, a good addition if you prefer to secure to a post ect.
ive just looked its the xv cable

Hman

Thanks chaps - I've ordered a XN14

Should be with me tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom