Clutch Pushrod Seal 1100s

ThreeDawg

Reaction score
Have a bit of a leak in the clutch area which may be the clutch pushrod seal. Some evidence of leakage showing on the right hand side of the engine but looking in via the starter motor opening I can't see any oil on the clutch or housing.

Anyway, have a bit more investigating to do, but I understand that it is possible to change the seal without removing the trans. How is this done?

Three Dawg

Have a bit of a leak in the clutch area which may be the clutch pushrod seal. Some evidence of leakage showing on the right hand side of the engine but looking in via the starter motor opening I can't see any oil on the clutch or housing.

Anyway, have a bit more investigating to do, but I understand that it is possible to change the seal without removing the trans. How is this done?

Three Dawg

The Clutch pushrod seal is a felt strip on the push rod, but isn't fitted to stop any oil leaking.

Do you mean the input shaft seal is leaking. There is a seal at each end of the shaft.
The input shaft seal in the clutch slave cylinder end you can replace with the box in situ ( but it's a bastard of a job on an 1100s) , but the input seal, input end you obviously have to remove the gearbox to replace.

Hmm, may have misunderstood a post elsewhere. From the other one (no, I don't know why I'm posting on both either)

The most common leaking seal that causes this is the small gearbox seal located in where the clutch slave cylinder locates on the rear of the gearbox.

it leaks the gearbox oil into the slave cylinder/gearbox aperture, which then leaks along the clutch pushrod into the clutch housing.

Basically, I was hoping to be able to replace any seals that might be leaking without taking off the gearbox, something I'd rather leave until the end of the season.

Three Dawg

Hmm, may have misunderstood a post elsewhere. From the other one (no, I don't know why I'm posting on both either)

Nope - That post says what i've said.
Two seals (each end of the output shaft). They aren't pushrod seals.

They doesn't seal the pushrod, they seal both ends of the input shaft. The pushrod runs in the center of the input shaft. Even if the pushrod was missing you wouldn't get oil in the pushrod tunnel.

Back
Top Bottom