Final belt drive - arse!

Mutley

Reaction score
Snapped the buggering thing on the gay glide today. :mad:

Just found out they are £250 to buy and the whole primary has to come off to fit it the damn thing. Looking at £500 all in. Not ideal :eek

I have primary drive locking Lego Brick and clutch locking bar you are welcome to borrow, if that helps ?
They are for the Dyna 1450 TC lump, but may also work for you.

To be honest I've just dispatched it to the local independant HD bloke. I've already got the shovel in bits and no time this summer to fix it. If I pull the Dyna apart as well I'll never get it running. :(

Time to take the cost on the chin :mad: :blast

I have primary drive locking Lego Brick and clutch locking bar you are welcome to borrow, if that helps ?
They are for the Dyna 1450 TC lump, but may also work for you.

To be honest I've just dispatched it to the local independant HD bloke. I've already got the shovel in bits and no time this summer to fix it. If I pull the Dyna apart as well I'll never get it running. :(

Time to take the cost on the chin :mad: :blast

I do not understand any of this - is it a yank thing? :ymca :nenau

Belt

Do it yourself its not difficult and save a load of cash !

you can get belts for £140ish that are stronger with kevlar in them.

DIY

The drive belt on my FXDX snapped at 110mph, it was 20,000 miles old, caused by stone damage 10,000 miles earlier.
I replaced the belt myself, it's quite easy and took just a couple of hours or so.
I used info off a site called Harley Hog, better than the workshop manual. The guy who runs the site, Dermot, has posted up a set of photos describing the sequence. you will need gaskets and a rubber seal if my memory serves me right.

Back
Top Bottom