is there going to be an easy off-road rideout?

i have a pillion......... will i be able to go???

I've off-roaded two up at GS events in the past - a lot depends on how brave you and your pillion are!

think i'll stick to the road.....:augie

The easy ride is all road - just gravel and not tarmac. If you want it harder, just ride in the track at the side.

People get stressed out over this and they shouldn't. It's fun :thumb

This is me in Spain a few weeks ago, this is about all i can handle without it going tits up.....we did a few k's on these "roads".....

Attachments

• Optimized-Bike Holiday 2010 034.jpg
    Optimized-Bike Holiday 2010 034.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 228

I've taken a beginners off road ride at every hog roast from 2005 (look back through past events/hograost, and even if i do say so myself they've always been very popular.
One year i even had proff along with barb riding pillion without any problems.

I won't be taking one this year, someone else will......

But i'd imagine they'll be along the same lines, taking into consideration that people don't want to fall off, don't want to damage their bikes and don't want anything difficult and just want to pooter about relaxed on the wide open spaces, even two up and with road tyres.

I've taken a beginners off road ride at every hog roast from 2005 (look back through past events/hograost, and even if i do say so myself they've always been very popular.
One year i even had proff along with barb riding pillion without any problems.

I won't be taking one this year, someone else will......

But i'd imagine they'll be along the same lines, taking into consideration that people don't want to fall off, don't want to damage their bikes and don't want anything difficult and just want to pooter about relaxed on the wide open spaces, even two up and with road tyres.

Your booked for the 4X4 DRIVEOUT :eek: see main page

I'd second this. I ran one of the novice groups last year and while I was cheating by riding a pogo the aim is to inspire and give you confidence and get you doing things you wont have tried before.

Its all about starting slow and building up at a pace that suits the slowest riders in the group. The groups arent large so there's no pressure. I can't remember how many I had in my group before lunch, but I do remember a lot of big smiles.

What time will the easy off-road rideout be, and do we have to register somewhere?:nenau

If it's following the same format as last year, there will probably be marked areas set out in the car park where people can meet for the different rides.

Start time usualy around 10.00am

Can we have a Hard Road ride where we face such challenges as one way streets? Its an un tapped market I tell you.

Back
Top Bottom