Weekday evening rides..Pilgrim's way

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have just been speaking to Mucky Helmet about the PIlgrim's way routes.......

My Weekends are pretty busy so does anyone fancy a nice easy jaunt along any of the north downs way/ pilgrim's way routes on a weekday evening???

Access is easy and the routes (if dry...wet chalk is baaaaaad) are easy........

With light nights at the moment it should be possible to get 2 or three hours in and still get home in the light, with perhaps a start time of 6 or 7?

Anyone fancy it?

Oh Yes!

Good for me!

Wet chalk is not just bad - it is evil!

Dunno if you've done it already but I've just found a BOAT running from Meopham Green (looks as if it's just opposite the Cricketers) that runs down toward Ridge Wood and out to the Pilgrims Way.

I'm up for a recce.

David

I'm always up for a bit of off dirt !

I can always skive of work early if necessary.

I think its called working from home !

I cant do Fridays.

Re: Cue....

Mucky Helmet said:
.....Messrs Reynolds & Tickle???????

Tossers, the pair of them!

Can you give me a firm starting point and a suggestion of a date?

Greg

Re: Cue....

Mucky Helmet said:
.....Messrs Reynolds & Tickle???????

Sorry guys, been away on the Pico's trip ( you lot missed a great one - loads of off-road ). The Pilgrims Way evening sounds great, so put my name down.

Mav - road tyres are fine for the Pilgrims Way

Re: Re: Cue....

mrTickle said:
The Pilgrims Way evening sounds great, so put my name down.
Don't let him near your jetwash - it'll never work again!

:D

Greg

5 500ft up in the Picos, with another 10 miles off-road to go...

Attachments

• pico off road.jpg
    pico off road.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 230
Would definately be interested as i have just aquired an xr400 (a fine stablemate for my GS ADV) but have limited off road experience, i have done bits of the Pilgrims way in the last month or so and am trying to explore the green lanes of Kent. When were you thinking ?

Ok....looks like we have a potential ride then.........

How's about next weds (er...that'll be the 30th)........start location TBC but the Plough at Eynsford is sensibly located for m'ways and five minutes from ther Pilgrim's way at Otford.

And 18:00?

Unless it's muddy I'll be on the ADV with normal anakees on.......

ktm520 said:
I will be on the KTM + trailer.

Usual offers of a lift apply.

Dave

If this trip is doable on road tyres (as Bill implies), I'll simply ride there and back (I have a meeting in central London that afternoon). If it needs knobblies, I'd appreciate a lift back.

Greg

David (MH) ...will PM you tommorrow about a recce of the route........if we take a look on the ikkle bikes just in case (and it's been peeing down today ;) ) then i really fancy getting the ADV down there next weds.......

In fact, I have an idea i'll put up in more detail soon....the Pilgrim's way/North Downs route is 130 miles end to end of offroad stuff........could be a right old challenge to do the whole thing in a day on the GS's......

:eek:

Cool next Wednesday is ok with me too, is that other SA doos (ermm howzit Grizz) coming along as well? If it is not to wet then I will come with the GS rather than the AT.

I'm possibly moving home somewhere around the 30th so depending on how the exchange of contracts go, I'll try me best to make it ( on the GS of course :moped: )

Back
Top Bottom