Got my 950 Adv today - wow!

the_laughing_mole

Reaction score
After 5 years with my trusty 1150GS, it was time for something new. I'd always had a hankering for a KTM to replace it and tried a number of 990 Advs - great bikes but that jerky throttle.... Finally found a 2006 reg 950 in Premier Bikes at Didcot - great condition - so traded my GS in for it (felt a little guilty as I polished up the old girl to be sent off to a new owner...) and then got on the 950. Wow! :D It is so sprightly in comparison with my GS - even below 5k revs, but take it up to 7, 8 and it positively surges ahead. Build quality looks great too. Looking forward to the rest of summer on it - and hoping it's almost as reliable as my GS was! (In 5 years only problems I had were a flat tyre and flat battery...)

By the way - Premier Bikes, Sideways in Dorchester and George Pope in Portsmouth are my closest KTM dealers. I had a good sales experience at Premier - helpful and prepared to do a deal. Who would you recommend for service?

I bought a 950SMR off Premier last week and the whole experience from start to finish was easy as ......... I suppose I'm luck as they only about 30 minutes away from me so I'll be going back to them come service time :thumb

Yes I was pleased with Premier. Been to Sideways a number of times - nice place and people, but I found them not very flexible when it comes to making a deal.

Back
Top Bottom