Time from Esjberg to Stockholm

Scroot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi catching a fery to Denmark from Harwich. Then riding to Stockholm via bridges to catch another ferry. Any one idea how long this would take? Esjberg to Stockholm. Ariving Demark at Noon ish and ferry following day at 5pm, possible?

Hi Scroot,
Are you going from Copenhagen to Malmo via the bridge or taking the ferry further up ?

Esjberg to Copenhagen takes about 2.5-3 hours from memory. Good roads all the way.

Cheers, Colin.

According to Mapsource it's 9hr 5 mins from Esbjerg to Stockholm.

I rode from Esbjerg to Karlskrona (to catch the overnight ferry to Gdansk) back in 2006 and that was about a 6 hour riding - Mapsource reckoned it was 5hr 45mins, so it's pretty accurate in my experience. I seem to remember the roads were very good in both Denmark and Sweden, and some of the scenery was fantastic.

I do remember there was a very officious border guard on the Swedish border. He obviously thought I looked suspect, as he made me take everything out of the panniers, tapped the pannier bottoms in case they were false bottoms etc. That probably accounted for 15 - 20 mins. :blast It didn't get as far as a full body search, but for a horrible few minutes I honestly thought it would come to that. :eek

just come back home that way myself, albeit in a car, got home just south of stockholm at midnight. normally i take the ferry from helsingor to helsinborg, cost about the same as the bridge, 30 miles shorter and makes a good break after 2-3 hours driving- the bridge is kind of impressive tho.
e4 to stockholm is mostly 2 lane now, sometimes 30 -40 miles between fill-ups so best not to get to low

Did that trip in a couple of days easy riding stopping in Copenhagen for the overnighter.

Back
Top Bottom