660 wont work!

greyhoundman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
saved all me money and bought one!
Pluged in and wont charge! not happy, any one else had trouble!
Instructions are basic, and no proper manual!

Never had any bother with mine.

Manual is the worst I have ever seen. You get better instructions on the back of a bag of white sliced.

Have you tried charging it on the bike and off the bike with a charger?
Do you have a USB lead for the computer. Try using that instead of the charger.

Check the battery. Some kit is shipped with protective tape over the battery terminals.

Did it work at first and now won't charge or was it flat from the box.

Failing the above. I'd be tempted to bounce it straight back to the retailer.

Good luck

660 download1

Hi
cheers for that, have checked all connections and tried all wires supplied and no response from battery guess ill have to send back!
martin

Mine failed when I was in France - it only fired up to the white BMW Motorrad screen and then nothing. Eventually got replaced under warranty via Williams in Manchester. I had to wait 8 weeks for it as there were "no units in Europe" I asked if this suggested that there was a problem with the unit to be told there wasn't.....read somewhere that there was a an overheating PCB in the original ones.

Bloody hell had to revert to maps and plotting routes in France in the summer - hey ho !

I had to wait 8 weeks for it as there were "no units in Europe"

If you have a problem with a Garmin and retailer cannot do an immediate exchange, phone Garmin. They will normally exchange it within a couple of days. It will just cost you a couple of pounds to post yours back in a Jiffy Bag (just the satnav, not the whole kit.)

Before you do though can you borrow a battery. If you have tried charging from bike, car and mains its not the charger but it may be the battery or the satnav. With a spare battery you could narrow down the problem.

I did phone Garmin in the first instance, they referred me to BMW (which was fair enough) - phoned them, they wanted my bike, so I said OK, they actually collected my bike (I live 100 miles away) - brought it back, tried to charge me for that, and accepted what I knew all along that it was a faulty head unit...

I did phone Garmin in the first instance, they referred me to BMW

Is this a 660 or the BMW version. if the latter, what has it to do with BMW?

Just noticed you have not said how you tried to charge it. Was it just on the bike? If so maybe try the mains charger or use a USB lead to plug it into a computer.

Is this a 660 or the BMW version. if the latter, what has it to do with BMW?

Just noticed you have not said how you tried to charge it. Was it just on the bike? If so maybe try the mains charger or use a USB lead to plug it into a computer.

Plus were you trying to charge the unit by using the plug behind the removable door. All the other USB ports will not charge the Zumo.

Back
Top Bottom