Is Zumo 660 the best I can buy?

Doberman

Reaction score
I need to order a sat nav device for the motorbike tomorrow, and I have only used Tomtom.
I believe the zumo has a brighter screen than the Tomtom Rider, is that correct?
Is there anything better out there? I have heard that there is a problem with the latest firmware from Garmin, hence the question.:augie

mmmmmm.... not sure it can be called "the best" due to the bugs it has but on paper - yes it is, shame really as it could be a hell of a lot better.
It's either Garmin or Tomtom and IMHO both are far from perfect.

The best thing about the Garmin units is Mapsource a mapping program for your PC - brilliant software.

Is it true that the Garmins are by far better to read during a sunny day?

Is it true that the Garmins are by far better to read during a sunny day?

Not particularly - my 660 washes out in bright sunlight - and especially at dusk with the sun behind.

But then, they all do that Sir. Unless you buy a shade.

I need to order a sat nav device for the motorbike tomorrow, and I have only used Tomtom.
I believe the zumo has a brighter screen than the Tomtom Rider, is that correct?
Is there anything better out there? I have heard that there is a problem with the latest firmware from Garmin, hence the question.:augie

probably not helpfull, just my observations.:comfort
Got both the TT rider (2.5 years) and Zumo 660 (1 year) honestly......in my experience the TT is quicker to respond when in technical junctions, easier to programme and therefore is my preferred nav aid.
Zumo is very expensive for what it is.....I always seem to be waiting for it to react to the current situation with many missed turns making it frustrating to boot. But mapsource is excellent and the lane assist is a bonus, so is it worth the premium - not to me. :bounce1

Have an old TomTom One for the car, bought a 660 for the bike but I find the TT better by far, I do regret the 660 purchase.

TT finds much smaller roads when you select shortest route (I like that wandering on country lanes in the area before the Alps (where I live)

Maybe if I ever use mapsource and plan routes then the 660 might excel, but just for sat nav riding the TT?`s map and grafic is better imho.

Back
Top Bottom