Burgen relay for Afghan Heroes! Riders needed!

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
This is from chelle at Balderstons :thumb

http://www.burgen-relay.co.uk/

'My good friend Andy is organising a 48hour relay of an Army Burgen around the UK on September 4/5, collecting pledges for donations to go to 'Afghan Heroes' on the way, and, have some fun on bikes!

There's no specific route yet as we need riders to participate from England Scotland and Wales, see what you can do and take it from there.

Its a busy time of year for motorcycle get-togethers, maybe you could work the relay into a feature of your event?

This will be unique, high profile and something really special to be involved in and say 'I took part!'. I like to think it will bring together the biking community.

The Burgen will have a tracker inside so everyone can follow its progress around the UK.

Please find attch a poster for this event and a link to pledge forms.

http://www.burgen-relay.co.uk/pledgeform.pdf

Thank you for your time, please can you forward this email to anyone you think it might interest

Regards,

Michelle'

I'm doing Stoke to Wolverhampton for this :thumb

Anyone fancies joining us give me a shout.

Yea I have put my name down for the Dartford to southend leg which is leg 54.
Southeast region

Please all join in, the ride along is only £5

Please feel free to make your donation, and spell it how you like if your a Hero.

As a Sergeant in the British Army I make donations to forces charities on an annual basis, and always spell Bergen correctly.
Please feel free to wind your neck in.:thumb2

As a Sergeant in the British Army I make donations to forces charities on an annual basis, and always spell Bergen correctly.

I am please to know you Sergeant...Adam

As a Sergeant in the British Army I am amazed you even know what a Bergen looks like........unless you work in stores that is............:pullface:blagblah:pullface

As a Sergeant in the British Army I am amazed you even know what a Bergen looks like........unless you work in stores that is............:pullface:blagblah:pullface

Adam,
Go with the flow mate and do not let them wind you up......:D

Maybe your a company TQ or sumfink like that :hide whatever you are currently employed as I would suggest that you DO NOT mention it on ere :augie

Joking aside, if like myself, I am amazed on just how many serving and ex serving HM Forces members are on this site.....

Graeme;)

Adam,
Go with the flow mate and do not let them wind you up......:D

Maybe your a company TQ or sumfink like that :hide whatever you are currently employed as I would suggest that you DO NOT mention it on ere :augie

Joking aside, if like myself, I am amazed on just how many serving and ex serving HM Forces members are on this site.....

Graeme;)

A485gag

Bravo chap - you got the gist of it!

Adam,

My post to you was intentionally designed to do exactly what it managed........get you to bite........

Maybe it is you who needs to wind his neck in........especially over something a trivial as a bergan 'spelling'

ps I will take your three and add a crown......or then again maybe just loose the three and keep the crown - your call :eek:

All jesting aside - as your 'oppo' suggests, I am sure that whatever role you are currently fulfilling you are doing a good job.

WB

Will you please stop hijacking an important thread and take your petty bickering elsewhere.

Nice one Bryn:thumb2

Will you please stop hijacking an important thread and take your petty bickering elsewhere.

Nice one Bryn:thumb2

Blimey, I have now been caught in my very first co hijacking on a important thread and petty bickering at the same time on UKGSer :eek: :eek: Yes this also include's GS Rider, AdamA and Wberesford .....well done guys;) Make an mends all round me finks fella's.....Excellent :comfort

Abrasion, as you may now have already sussed we, or at least myself, are all fully 100% behind this charity event, being an ex military person and all that.

And to that statement here's yet another FREE BUMP to this thread.....

Graeme

Blimey, I have now been caught in my very first co hijacking on a important thread and petty bickering at the same time on UKGSer :eek: :eek: Yes this also include's GS Rider, AdamA and Wberesford .....well done guys;) Make an mends all round me finks fella's.....Excellent :comfort

Abrasion, as you may now have already sussed we, or at least myself, are all fully 100% behind this charity event, being an ex military person and all that.

And to that statement here's yet another FREE BUMP to this thread.....

Graeme[/QUOTE

Now the fighting is over, lets all go for a PINT.:beerjug:..and what ever it is, its just an old Bag, unless you know the bloke in the stores .....Hee Hee JOKE!

Abrasion,

Good call! My bad for baiting.....

For your interest I will be riding along with those on legs 28 & 29 to show my support. Also, for those that might not yet be aware, there is another very worthy 2 wheeled event taking part on the 02/10/2010.

Take a look at the RTTW forum / link.....

For clarity - this is a great cause, and to be honest, who gives a t*&s about the spelling of a bag.......AdamA :beerjug: - Keep safe mate!

WB

to be honest, who gives a t*&s about the spelling of a bag

Not even me. :blast
Note the smiley used? > :augie
I just found it amusing that a whole event and it's website was misspelt.
Good on em for organising it tho. :)

You need to work on your ground bait and bite recognition tho.:comfort

Back
Top Bottom