660 update 3.90 Using Webupdater (July 13,2010)

azone

Using Webupdater you can update your Z660 as of today
New Version 3.90

I posted this for the 665 update and it helped many so I will post it here also:

I suggest removing your SD card before updating and after completing the update allow the unit to completely reboot after replacing battery cover and before shutting down. (Updating Progress Bar is visible during reboot) Do not shut down at this point.

Reinstall SD card only after full reboot and shutting down. Depending on the amount of songs you have on your SD card it may take a minute to read the card when you power up the first time. If the MP3 player's browse button is active you are golden.

To check if the 660 successfully updated
Tools/Settings/System/About

TIP: I am playing with my Zumo continuously almost everyday. (I need to get a life)
I found that a plastic Q-Tip or a plastic toothpick works better than your finger especially when moving the map around.

Change log:

Changes from version 3.80 to version 3.90:
Corrected spontaneous shutdowns that could occur when satellite reception is temporarily lost.
Corrected intermittent issue with music not resuming after a navigation prompt when paired to A2DP headphones.
Corrected some languages not showing up on the unit.
Corrected problems with the turn arrow in More Map View.
Corrected a shutdown that could occur while reviewing off road tracks.
Corrected an issue that could cause the unit to not shut off when connected to external power.
Corrected importing only the first 650 points of some off road tracks.
Corrected incorrect color on Netherlands Topographic Map.
Corrected an issue calling some POIs.
Corrected a possible shutdown when searching for cities.
Corrected unit freezing when reviewing some POIs.
Reduced the volume of the proximity alarm tone when using a headset.

TIP: I am playing with my Zumo continuously almost everyday. (I need to get a life)
I found that a plastic Q-Tip or a plastic toothpick works better than your finger especially when moving the map around.

I use a plastic chopstick when I'm using mine in the car.

Change log:

Changes from version 3.80 to version 3.90:
Corrected spontaneous shutdowns that could occur when satellite reception is temporarily lost.
Corrected intermittent issue with music not resuming after a navigation prompt when paired to A2DP headphones.
Corrected some languages not showing up on the unit.
Corrected problems with the turn arrow in More Map View.
Corrected a shutdown that could occur while reviewing off road tracks.
Corrected an issue that could cause the unit to not shut off when connected to external power.
Corrected importing only the first 650 points of some off road tracks.
Corrected incorrect color on Netherlands Topographic Map.
Corrected an issue calling some POIs.
Corrected a possible shutdown when searching for cities.
Corrected unit freezing when reviewing some POIs.
Reduced the volume of the proximity alarm tone when using a headset.

I also noted that the change log included "echo cancellation when using Bluetooth" when I updated mine just now. (Unless that's BMW Nav IV specific).

I also noted that the change log included "echo cancellation when using Bluetooth" when I updated mine just now. (Unless that's BMW Nav IV specific).

The echo cancellation is an additional update and not in the actual 3.90 version update.

3.9 still has same bugs, the icon for exiting the dual carriageway is still missing - feckin idiots....
4793060218_a715ebdf39.jpg

4793060170_21ae5a5731.jpg

What are we meant to be looking at?

What exit 'icon' is missing?

The screen shot map you have posted seems to look OK, as do the road-book instructions listed below? The magenta line seems to tracing an exit route, up to a roundabout and at least appears to be travelling onwards through the roundabout's third exit. :nenau

I suspect he's expecting to see an arrow next to the instruction "Exit left on A131" in the list.

Ah, I see what you mean. it's like a 'Spot the difference' game.

In my excitement, I have managed to delete my post :blast

Above the '-' button should be a blue area with a junction icon and distance to it.
On the instruction list there should also be a picture of the junction like the ones below it.

Above the '-' button should be a blue area with a junction icon and distance to it.
On the instruction list there should also be a picture of the junction like the ones below it.

Aha, again.

It seems Greg and Steve were partially wrong in their observations. Tricky game, this :D

Does the 'little blue box' and icon appear normally on other junctions / when you navigate? Or is it just missing on this one?

You can report faults, including mapping errors via the Garmin website.

Update my eye

updated via web updater and it has killed my zumo yes killed it. It is froze on the Garmin loader loading screen, total freeze nothing happening at all. Garmin are so going to get it in the morning
so much for the 13th it should have been a Friday

Stueygee: Remove battery for 1 minute, reinstall and reboot.

Read this before updating.
http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=12172.msg94578#msg94578

Battery thing didn't work

Just been on the phone to Garmin uk ( only on hold for 10 mins ) not to bad, got through to a very nice man who tried to run through a couple of test with my zumo and all failed.

We will have to have it back here for us to sort it out for you he replied, so with that he gave me my returns number and off it has gone, back to its maker. So just be very careful when updating all your zumo's and don't get into the mess that i am in, not that i did anything any different with any of the other updates

stueygee

just updated mine from the 3.80 to 3.90.

Ive had a couple of shutdowns so i went for it and followed the instructions above and all done it 5 mins.

i will give it a test on the road 2mo.

Shut down

After the Shutdown started l did a factory reset and reinstalled 2011 maps all ok so far no shutdown.

Mitch

ok, for those that don't know what they are looking at, here is what it should look like, note blue junction top left and icon on list:
93.jpg

98.jpg

Yup, we know what it should look like. :thumb2

Do you not see the 'little blue box' and icon at all when navigating?

Have you ever seen it, since buying the 660?

OR

Is it just at the junction on the A131 your original post referred to?

If the former, contact Garmin as it sounds like your 660 software is up the creek.... and nobody else seems to have had the problem, following the latest updates.

If the latter, it's possibly just a glitch at that junction.

Just wait - I set and saved a new Favourite earlier by entering the Lat/Long co-ordinates and while I was zooming out after having saved it, the unit just shut down on me.

I'm finding it difficult to get my knickers in a twist about it at the moment. I'm more interested to see what it does next but I'm off to California with it at the end of next month and if it starts shutting down in the middle of San Francisco I might be a bit less sanguine about it.

Back
Top Bottom