G450X Buying Tips

MysteryB

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I looking to get a G450X for green laning. Should I buy second hand if so is there any versions of the bike I should keep clear off and any other information I need.

Or should I just buy new?

Ed

EXPLORE YOUR HORIZONS...
06' R1200GS Adventure

http://www.gsadventure.co.uk

if you can stretch to it get a 2010

i had an 09 which went wrong all the time and now have a replacement 2010 which has been excellent so far (650 miles and 16hrs use).

the suspension is much better on the 10 and though the engine doesnt feel as quick on it compared to the 09 i had it is alot smoother and less snatchy.

i would use the enduro settings on here as the standard settings are a joke.

if you can stretch to it get a 2010

i had an 09 which went wrong all the time and now have a replacement 2010 which has been excellent so far (650 miles and 16hrs use).

the suspension is much better on the 10 and though the engine doesnt feel as quick on it compared to the 09 i had it is alot smoother and less snatchy.

i would use the enduro settings on here as the standard settings are a joke.

Thanks, are there any other mods you would recomend?

if your tall the bar risers from either speedbrain or touratech are a must. ive got pivot pegz, zeta levers which are worth fitting too as they make front and bake brake and clutch control a bit easier i find, though the standard stuff is good dont get me wrong.

i would do the headlight switch mod straight away as well as remove the front and back indicators and mirror mounts (hacksaw off and turn upside down so you cant see them) and fit the 14t front sprocket

theyre a decent bike with an excellent warranty but parts are epensive and aftermarket stuff hard to find.

My advise would be try before you buy and read up about them. I had a 2008 bike and did not get on with it. If all you are using the bike for is green laning in my opinion there are better bikes. The other thing to bear in mind when you come to sell you will find it difficult to sell or PX and loose alot of cash.

My advise would be try before you buy and read up about them. I had a 2008 bike and did not get on with it. If all you are using the bike for is green laning in my opinion there are better bikes. The other thing to bear in mind when you come to sell you will find it difficult to sell or PX and loose alot of cash.

It what way did you not get on with the bike?

Thanks

I'm selling mine after the august bank holiday it's an 08 plate about 20 hours, it's got an after market sump guard, bark busters and bar risers fitted.

look most of the way down the page on the link I think it's worth 3,500 I'd take 3,300 for it

it's had a complete warranty rebuild was an ex school bike with had the frame broken by the mechanic pulling wheelies fresh out the box...:augie apparently then had to be hidden from view.... so it sat in TTuk's show room...

depends how careful I'm at the event, it's my camera bike so won't be raced

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199815&page=13

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2_n08A2r8Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2_n08A2r8Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I really like mine for green lanes......once that is, you sort out the side stand. :augie

You have the 2 power modes and despite the smallish tank you get 80+ miles which is better than my old KTM 2 stroke. Its a well mannered engine and its nice on the road sections. It also seems quiet even with the BMW race pipe.

That is IMHO :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom