Nurburgring Nordschleife weekend dash

GunZenBomZ

Reaction score
Okay just sending out feelers for this,...

24th-25th July

Nurburgring2.jpg

Primary plan = Dash saturday morning chunnel 1:30am crossing. Arrive & continue all the way with necessary breaks/fuel stops too Germany. Arrive late morning, get rested & grubbed up.

Have the afternoon to clock up 4-8 laps of Nordschleife (22euro per lap/ 4-laps 66euro etc). Ardennes region has loads of good roads also..

Head into Belgium to wild-camp the evening(prefer bivy bag - not tent). Back on sunday chunnel 14:00 say, afternoon to get home & washed.

Cost approx £200. (Going for as cheap as possible so bit less probably, nice 60-65mph riding)

Anyone? Wanna join me

:eek

You will need your own euro-cover, sleeping bag, bivy bag (cover to keep dry if it rains) + high-vis <--. 1 Working motorbike, chilled attitude i'm not rushing there or back.

This year I was going to visit the Nurburgring and jump into one of their BMW5 M series taxi's to be driven round the ring before I tried it on 2 wheels :green gri

Unfortunately I had to cancel this when my friend, who was coming along with me on our European trip, spent too much money on building and completing his Norton Commando 850. Have now had to reschedule and book the family holiday. Still there is always next year :toungincheek

Good luck and have a safe journey :thumb

Local B&Bs at the track told me the Ring was closed to the public this weekend.

I'm considering going, but later, during the first days of August.
Leaving from London, I can arrive at the Ring on the same day and sleep around there.

Check the calendar before you go, and have a nice trip ;)

Maybe not a bad thing, a friend (who had been racing on the separate race track) returned recently and told of a horrible accident on the Nurburgring.
Apparently a car dropped the contents of its sump on the racing line on entry to a corner, before marshalls were aware of this and could warn other track users, two bikes arrived at the scene rather quickly, there was no official statement, but the track was closed for the rest of the day.

Maybe not a bad thing, a friend (who had been racing on the separate race track) returned recently and told of a horrible accident on the Nurburgring.
Apparently a car dropped the contents of its sump on the racing line on entry to a corner, before marshalls were aware of this and could warn other track users, two bikes arrived at the scene rather quickly, there was no official statement, but the track was closed for the rest of the day.

You must be aware that when using the Nordshliefe on open days it is not a race track it is classified as a toll road subject to German traffic laws and vehicles are not scrutineered before going on, whilst there is no speed limit all the other hazards usually associated with fast road riding are present and debris/oil/diesel spills are some of them
The marshalls do a good job but have a long track to monitor.

I might be up for some of this :thumb I'll keep an eye on thread and let you know later..
Daz

Don't know if this is of any use to you but I have just got back from there and although it was open all week bikes were only allowed on 6pm till 8, no mention of it on the website (or I missed it).

Bit of a bummer for the lads that had only gone for the ring!

With over 40 laps under my belt over the years and 22 euros a lap, I was contented riding the Mosel and chilling with the rest of europe's bikers at the bridge in Cochem.

Have a good time if you decide to go lads....The roads are brilliant. :thumb2

Stayed at a great place in Herresferd (spelling?) only 2 mins away and cheap as chips. Run by a English lad with his lovely wife, PM me if you want details.

Blood and sand how the hell did you get that great price, all the dates I have tried results in a varying price from £72 upwards.

I'm going to have to miss this one, just bought a van off ebay and need to collect saturday..Av a good one mate.:thumb2

Blood and sand how the hell did you get that great price, all the dates I have tried results in a varying price from £72 upwards.
The price goes up anything over 1 day out 1 day back. Should'nt as you take up the same space on the train but it does. He's going out one day and coming back the next. In fact the price has gone up, last year you could do it for £26.

Back
Top Bottom