Where shall I go????

Malcolm Leick

Reaction score
I hope to head into Europe for a three week trip at the end of next week.

Any suggestions for destinations and routes? It's got to be cheap so wild camping wherever possible. I'm not interested in big cities. Prefer small villages, mountains, forest, coast.

I've been to Morocco three times so not this time.

I thought about Turkey but is 3 weeks enough time?
Are there better places closer to home where I can head into the hills and sleep out?

I just had a week in the Greek Peloponnese which was a revelation. Didn't have the bike with me but hired a little XR 150 for a couple of days which was great fun in the forests. Only 27euros a day and I did 400k on it.

I will be on the 650 twin for this one.

Malc

Ciao ragazzi

Malc,Just a suggestion.
Head for Santarcangelo Di Romagnia,small market town in Emillia Romagnia,Italy. Its about 10kms inland from Rimini on the Adriatic coast.Once there,search out Il Campo Di Mutoidi (ask directions from the bar by the sports ground,)Its at the end of Via Calatoio Ponte,alongside the river,(dried up at this time of year) Once there,make yourself known to some of the friendly Brits (and others) you find there,say you bring greetings from SKONSKI, and explain your mission. Wild camping,amazing on/off road riding,good company when wanted, as much wall to wall sunshine as you can hope for.I promise you will have a holiday to remember.As I said,just a suggestion...........:thumb

Malcolm -

Post might get more response in the Trip Reports section or even the Pub rather than in the F800GS technical section.

A mod could move it for you if you PM them.

Back
Top Bottom