Hythe Meetings 2004

Invicta Moto

Reaction score
Dear All,

The dates of the Hythe meetings for the remainder of the summer and autumn are as follows:

July 14
August 11
September 8
October 13

I look forward to seeing some of you there. We've not been doing very well lately and I have to shoulder some of the blame as it was my idea and I have been unable to attend too often!

If you are coming please email me on pauldevall@btopenworld.com and let me know so that I can be there especially early to get the bar staff to lay out the red carpet and put a new barrel on for you.

And also to clear the other bikes from the special GS-only parking area where they have come accunstomed to parking in our absence.

I'ts in my diary

So I'll be there as long as I'm in the right mood, it isn't raining, I havn't had too bad a day at work etc. etc. - all the usual excuses.

See you there then!

I'll be there...............

Weather forecast is good and I'll be leaving Maidstone about 19.15.

Anyone riding down and want to meet up somewhere?

Woodsie

This is the same Hythe in that back end of beyond?

On the edge of England?

Wher my boss thinks the Hythe Imperial Hotel is a fine 'out of the way' place for meeting?

Or is it the Hythe near the New Forest?

The nice one in Kent, a Cinque Port, not the one in Hampshire with views over the petrol refineries and docks, a sink port.

8/9/04

Ah. Might not make it now myself as we have a "twilight" course at work that needs my inestimable input until 1830 hours.

Just for the record - I WAS THERE

Paul,

Didn't see your post so didn't know you would'nt be there.

Got home.

Induced severe indigestion by eating dinner too quickly.

Jumped on bike and had nice ride A20 - 261 and got there about 8. Enjoyed my quota of ale (good Fullers 'Pride) and thought "Not showing up AND HE LIVES 'ROUND THE CORNER!!"

Had a blat back home through Dymchurch, Lydd od Sea, Old RomneyTenterden, Biddenden. Very nice - cool and few cars on the roads.

So far I have been to three Hythe meets and have been on my own for two. Nice rides there and back though.

Sorry that yiou had to work late - perhaps you should get a job nearer home:D One of these days we'll be there at the same time.

Re: Just for the record - I WAS THERE

woodsie said:
Paul,

Didn't see your post so didn't know you would'nt be there.

Got home.

Induced severe indigestion by eating dinner too quickly.

Jumped on bike and had nice ride A20 - 261 and got there about 8. Enjoyed my quota of ale (good Fullers 'Pride) and thought "Not showing up AND HE LIVES 'ROUND THE CORNER!!"

Had a blat back home through Dymchurch, Lydd od Sea, Old RomneyTenterden, Biddenden. Very nice - cool and few cars on the roads.

So far I have been to three Hythe meets and have been on my own for two. Nice rides there and back though.

Sorry that yiou had to work late - perhaps you should get a job nearer home:D One of these days we'll be there at the same time.

In the end I finished here at 1830, hurried the teachers out (there's always one that stays behind to ask questions... f*cking interactive whiteboard project...) and then had the equipment to put away, left at 1915. Got 2000 train to Folkestone arriving late at 2140....

I've been to so many times down at the PoW on my todd I have a whole load of new mates, mainly the back-patch riders on the LOUD Harleys. I thought I'd give it one more time.

I did email Judge ages ago to say that it was a waste of time having the Hythe meetings, mainly due to my unpredictable travel arrangments and working hours and that we don't have a core that can turn up and get on with it... you being the exception!

Paul

Myself and Mike Hawker are researching a replacement meeting place for the Hythe meetings... there will of course be a change of name as well, as the new meeting place willl be outside Hythe and somewhere easily accessible to GSers in SE Kent.

Watch this space, well not this space but a similar space on the Forum.

Hythe Meetings 2005

Yep still trying... 2nd Wednesday in the month... Prince of Wales, Dymchurch Road, Hythe from about 8pm....

Dates for 2005:

July 13th
August 10th
September 14th

Hope to see someof you there. The pub is open other nights (of course) but Wednesdays is biker night.

Probably where Paul says.....

The Prince of Wales, Dymchurch Road.

The one on the bl**dy great lay-bye.

If you're lucky Paul will be there with his Harley mates.

See you in August I hope - not riding at the moment - on the sick list

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom