How did your H&B bars fit?

Garfieldus

and here's the right side...

Attachments

• right.jpg
    right.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 928
Fitted the Hepco & Becker bars tonight. Paint must be rubbed off where sections join before mounting anything so they will slip to gether easily.

Left side lined up nicely and got the bolt home easily. Right side just wouldn't line up.

How was yours?

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 926
Garfieldus

Had similar problem assembling the HB bars.

I eventually loosend the whole lot up,(removed bolts below cylinder on the side that would not fit) and got both the bar connecting nuts in place and then went ahead and put it back.

Hope this will help.

Thanks finesse, unfortunately the same thing didn't work for me. In the end I took the whole lof off and offered the offending parts up to each other and I got the same, out by about 3mm. In the end I elongated the hole and used a bigger washer shaped to fit neatly around the bar.

Hi

Had the same problem,had to have everything "loose" to get this two bolts in,then tightend up all the bolts,took me about 1hr to get it all in place,tight fittings as you said,ok but not to impressed.

Old Salt

Re: Any Pics

AndyT said:
Have you got any pics of the bike with the bars fitted. After Grizzlies off at the weekend I might just get a set!!

I'll get the camera out in the morning.

here's the photos...

Attachments

• h&b bars 1.jpg
    h&b bars 1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,534
Incidentally, you'll need a 55 torx to remove the large bolt at the bottom. The tool kit doesn't have one but an 8mm allen key did the trick for me.

Where can I get some

Garfieldus can you point me in the right direction to buy the bars and the cost cheers
ADV Boy

Re: Where can I get some

Adventure Boy said:
Garfieldus can you point me in the right direction to buy the bars and the cost cheers
ADV Boy

MotoBins - £105 + carriage (£14 to Ireland) + vat

Worked out at £139.82

Garfieldus said:
Thanks finesse, unfortunately the same thing didn't work for me. In the end I took the whole lof off and offered the offending parts up to each other and I got the same, out by about 3mm. In the end I elongated the hole and used a bigger washer shaped to fit neatly around the bar.

It looks like they have improved them a little - the set I received yesterday already had the elongated oval hole in the RHS.

I took a look at the fitting instructions for my bars last night and see that exact torque ratings have been given for each screw.

Did you use a torque wrench to fit your bars?

regards,

Bonj

H & B Fitting with a full Remus System

The std pipes are approx 28 cm across from oxygen sensor to oxygen sensor. A Remus full system is approx 33 cm.

This is too big to accomodate H & B bars. Sorry for the bad news. I picked up my new 1200 yesteday (172 brilliant miles in all sorts of rubbish conditions) and saw the problem when I dressed the bars to the bike.

Anybody living in Surrey (UK) area (ish) want a set of new bars without the post and pack??

Re: H & B Fitting with a full Remus System

Quentin said:
The std pipes are approx 28 cm across from oxygen sensor to oxygen sensor. A Remus full system is approx 33 cm.

This is too big to accomodate H & B bars. Sorry for the bad news. I picked up my new 1200 yesteday (172 brilliant miles in all sorts of rubbish conditions) and saw the problem when I dressed the bars to the bike.

Anybody living in Surrey (UK) area (ish) want a set of new bars without the post and pack??

I'm interested,... are they silver or black? :)

Back
Top Bottom