Applying for an Iranian Visa

(RIP) petcul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Might be helpful to anyone trying to get a visa for Iran in the UK and Ireland because the system has changed but the information on the website has not.

-All applicants over the age of 5 have to attend the consulate for fingerprinting
otherwise the consulate cannot apply for a visa.

-The consulate suggest there are quicker ways of applying for a visa than through the consulate. Most applicants who go through the consulate run a higher risk of refusal from the Foreign Ministry in Tehran than those who use travel agents.

-They advise applying through a travel agency or getting friends/relatives in Iran to invite you through the Foreign Office in Tehran using a photocopy of your passport. This way you will get a visa permit number from the Foreign Ministry in Tehran. That then allows the consulate to issue a visa. It can take about 3 weeks to get the permit number through a travel agency.

-Once you get the permit number you make an appointment with the consulate for them to stamp your visa in your passport. 12.30 onwards Monday to Friday.

-Travel agencies who can help

Facts Travel 020 7603 1246 sales@factstravel.co.uk
Aria Travel 020 7938 2271 ariatravel@btconnect.com
Shiraz Travel 020 7963 0965 nima@shiraztravel.co.uk

I used Shiraz who were efficient and the cheapest (£40)

Might be helpful to anyone trying to get a visa for Iran in the UK and Ireland because the system has changed but the information on the website has not.

-All applicants over the age of 5 have to attend the consulate for fingerprinting
otherwise the consulate cannot apply for a visa.

-The consulate suggest there are quicker ways of applying for a visa than through the consulate. Most applicants who go through the consulate run a higher risk of refusal from the Foreign Ministry in Tehran than those who use travel agents.

-They advise applying through a travel agency or getting friends/relatives in Iran to invite you through the Foreign Office in Tehran using a photocopy of your passport. This way you will get a visa permit number from the Foreign Ministry in Tehran. That then allows the consulate to issue a visa. It can take about 3 weeks to get the permit number through a travel agency.

-Once you get the permit number you make an appointment with the consulate for them to stamp your visa in your passport. 12.30 onwards Monday to Friday.

-Travel agencies who can help

Facts Travel 020 7603 1246 sales@factstravel.co.uk
Aria Travel 020 7938 2271 ariatravel@btconnect.com
Shiraz Travel 020 7963 0965 nima@shiraztravel.co.uk

I used Shiraz who were efficient and the cheapest (£40)

-Next step is to turn up to the consulate at 08.30 to get a ticket for an afternoon appointment for your visa. You need to wait 4/5 days for the consulate to have received your permit number.

Very useful post Peter, where are you off to....apart from Iran?

Thinking of running a sweepstake on whether I can make it without getting knocked off the bike or being arrested:augie

I'm in:thumb

Just kidding, you'll have a ball.
My ride from east to west Turkey was all a bit rushed and feel there's unfinished business in the east:blast

Back
Top Bottom