660 on an Airhead?

graffiti

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone mounted a 660 on their airhead GS and if so, did you mount it on the crossbar or other and how easy is it to wire in??

Thanks in advance

No But..

have my zumo 550 on my 80 g/s....:thumb

long ram mount over to the left side of the bars so its out of the way and doesnt block any of the bikes instruments, being on the left i can fook about with it.. zoom in/out, select mp3 tracks etc.while holding the throttle hard against the stop:D

dead easy to install, all blue tooth wireless connections to the "Bone Dome" :thumb

technology meets errrrm non- technology :D

hm

Short ram arm , with u bolt on the handlebars between the clamps... looks made for it.....and doesn't obscure the clocks.

R0012157.jpg

Wired directly to the battery until I can come up with something better- but the old 2610 on my 1150 was permanently live, never did it any harm ;)

660 Fitting

Hi much the same with me but I used a lockable Touratch cradle fitted to the crossbar and then i wired it into my additional fusebox which is only live when the ignition is on (switched via a relay) - its a really neat job and I wrapped the power cable for the Zumo mount in black spiral wrap so its protected from chafing when it sits under the tank - I must say a great improvement over my Tom Tom as that mount used to obscure the indicator warnings on the panel.

I had a 550 on my 100GS. Used a TT mount onto the cross bar, I liked it that option as the mount was lockable and easy to reach the GPS.

To wire it in I used a centech fuse panel, that was powered by using the accessory socket. So the mount wasn't powered all the time and it was easy to connect the plug at the start of the day. Still allowed the bikes battery to be charged through the socket too.

Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback.

I'll try and get down to doing it over the next couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom