Adventure Top Box on A Normal 1150GS

Pthagonal

anyone know if its possible to fit the adventure topbox on the normal 1150gs? will they fit, or does it have to have the new seat and backbit..
any info?

will the adventure seat and rack fit a standard GS without any modification?

gavin said:
will the adventure seat and rack fit a standard GS without any modification?

not sure..

waiting to find out..

frame is the same on both gs and adv..

but will need mounting bits. plus thta means the seat locking units will change as well ..

am investigating at the moment..

---------

P
The seat and rack will fit it's just a case of either finding someone
who wants to swap or get the bits off BMW :(
The barrels can be sorted by any dealer.

Somebody must have a pic .

Gates

adventure

You want to talk to Dozzer .. he took he's adventure seat and rack off to fit the standard seat! ..

Don't know if he's still got the bits ..

bits n bobs

have prices for bits in ireland..

adventure seat plain black is around 200 euro-- not bad

rear rack is 186 euro.. but i think that is part of the mounting kit for the topbox anyway and that for some strange reason is 114 euro..

i am talking to the head techie in bmw in ireland tomorrow,, hes got an adventure and if he doesnt know what can be don then no one will..

form what ive discovered.. the basic frame is the same so the bits are interchangeable, but i have seen the parts (on the bmw parts database) and the seat mounts for the adventure seat are different from the normal gs seat..

anyway i will find out tomorrow..

if this is possible and i think it is, i will have pics, part nos and info up as soon as possible.. :)

P
Would be interested in the prices :(

Gate's

I'd use your full user name but i keep spitting on the screen :D

:confused: Adventure topbox, I was told by Clarks and Pidcock that there isn't one till New Year.

Std GS can be fitted with the use of a drill.

topbox availability

my dealer has had 3, well two actually... one went missing which is mine i tell u mine... get yer hands off it!

sorry its early and im ... where was i..

oh yes.. no problem in getting topboxes i think.. maybe scarce but they are available..

will check it out though to make sure though..

:)

Back
Top Bottom