recommend a hugger or mudsling equivalent

stevie Allen

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Well winter is coming again and i need a hugger or mudsling
But I have a 06 Gs 1200 with lowered wilbur suspension I tried a hugger but it rubbed away a hole :blast
Anybody know where i can get one that is tweaked or designed for lowered suspension
look forward to the replies:flag

Just fitted a mudsling to my 1200GSA (09 standard suspension). Thought it was pricey at £100 ish quid, but fit is superb, and it does its job.

I've just brought a mudsling two weeks ago on the recomendation of a few guys on here. I facied a hugger but took their advice glad I did great peice of kit and great fit.

I've just brought a mudsling two weeks ago on the recomendation of a few guys on here. I facied a hugger but took their advice glad I did great peice of kit and great fit.

I would like a mudsling or equivalent , but on Nippys site it says its no good for short arsed:blast:augie pardon lowered suspension:eek:flag

I got the Maier (Illiumworks) a few weeks ago and it works very well and very simple to fit.
I don't think you'll go wrong with that mate:thumb

:beerjug:
JJ

On the Machineart Mudsling -v- Maier Spalshguard debate I feel that I can now speak with some authority having had both.

In terms of area of coverage, there's absolutely nothing in it. However, the quality of the finish on the Mudsling is much better than the Maier product. The plastic is a better match to the OE plastics on the bike, it's more rigid and better finished. I guess that's why it's more expensive.

However, I've fitted both to my 2010 GSA with ESA and I could get next to no clearance between the protruding ESA bolt on the swinging arm end of the rear spring and the Mudsling. The result was that the head of the bolt started to rub a groove in the plastic of the Mudsling. If you read the numerous threads on this same subject you will see that some owners have suffered the same problem and some have had no issues whatsoever with the fit of their Mudsling.

The quality of the Maier Splashguard may not be up there with the Mudsling but there are no clearance issues.

You pays your money, you takes your choice .

Wunderlick part

I fitted one to my 2005 GS and must say, easy to fit. Remove shock cover fit using 4 cable ties, snip ends finished.

It keeps both rider and bike clean. You can hardly see it on the bike and appears to be very good quality. Fully satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom