Live to Glide

V2 TRV

Reaction score
what better way to run the Glide in than by taking her to Skye for 4 days. Glorious weather and mega roads made for a memorable beginning :beerjug:

heres a few pics of the journey - we did 800 mile sin total.

Trev

Attachments

• 040100.jpg
    040100.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 319
  • 0521001.jpg
    0521001.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 321
  • 05410011.jpg
    05410011.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 101111.jpg
    101111.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 324
  • 111101.jpg
    111101.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 308
yip - not sure what difference it makes but the V&H Monster Ovals sound well bad :bow

Indeed... the V&H Monster Ovals deliver the finest note I've ever heard from a Harley aftermarket exhaust.
nod.gif

Indeed... the V&H Monster Ovals deliver the finest note I've ever heard from a Harley aftermarket exhaust.
nod.gif

Glad to hear that - it took a lot of deliberation to arrive at that choice. My bro took a ride on it today and reckons it the only Hog that would steer him away from his beloved Kwak. :)

GS TRV... Beautiful E-Glide you have there. Major congrats on the bike, and great memories from the trip.

Yes, the V&H Monster Ovals are top shelf. I've owned numerous Harleys over numerous years, with more than numerous kinds and types of exhaust systems. These Ovals are the best. They're pricey, they are high tech, and they are worth the money. Cycle World magazine here in the states raved about them. They deliver the performance, and they deliver that intoxicating deep rumble, without the harsh and hammering sound many Harley exhaust systems deliver. Here they are on my Street Glide...

flhxkenosha.jpg

GS TRV... Beautiful E-Glide you have there. Major congrats on the bike, and great memories from the trip.

Yes, the V&H Monster Ovals are top shelf. I've owned numerous Harleys over numerous years, with more than numerous kinds and types of exhaust systems. These Ovals are the best. They're pricey, they are high tech, and they are worth the money. Cycle World magazine here in the states raved about them. They deliver the performance, and they deliver that intoxicating deep rumble, without the harsh and hammering sound many Harley exhaust systems deliver. Here they are on my Street Glide...

flhxkenosha.jpg

wow that's a nice shot :bow

did u change out the headers also? I was considering it but didnt want the extra db increase.

wow that's a nice shot :bow

did u change out the headers also? I was considering it but didnt want the extra db increase.

I didn't change the headers. Another lesson from experience. H-D tunes the stock headers for mid-range, where most live and ride. Aftermarket headers often deliver a few extra HP's, but they come at the high end, and at the expense of the mid-range. No thanks. Plus, swapping the headers also necessitates fiddling with the fuel injection. All I did was place the Monster Ovals, kept the stock air filter and headers, and the H-D fuel injection adjusted perfectly. I gained 6-7 extra HP with the Ovals, kept the luscious mid-range (I never ride the H-D near the red line), and I saved serious money by not buying the headers, the air cleaner, or the tuner to get the FI re-adjusted.

I used to go the full exhaust, air cleaner, etc. route, before my slow brain recognized I never go over 100mph on the H-D, I don't drag race at stop lights, and I saw convincing dyno runs of full exhaust systems versus stock, and how they often robbed mid-range performance for a few extra HP's up high.

I didn't change the headers. Another lesson from experience. H-D tunes the stock headers for mid-range, where most live and ride. Aftermarket headers often deliver a few extra HP's, but they come at the high end, and at the expense of the mid-range. No thanks. Plus, swapping the headers also necessitates fiddling with the fuel injection. All I did was place the Monster Ovals, kept the stock air filter and headers, and the H-D fuel injection adjusted perfectly. I gained 6-7 extra HP with the Ovals, kept the luscious mid-range (I never ride the H-D near the red line), and I saved serious money by not buying the headers, the air cleaner, or the tuner to get the FI re-adjusted.

I used to go the full exhaust, air cleaner, etc. route, before my slow brain recognized I never go over 100mph on the H-D, I don't drag race at stop lights, and I saw convincing dyno runs of full exhaust systems versus stock, and how they often robbed mid-range performance for a few extra HP's up high.

That's good news then - looks like my dealer advised me well then. I've found the 103" has such a spread of torque that you can just enjoy that all day without revving it too hard - wouldn't want to spoil that at all. Its got nearly 1000 miles on it now - have you noticed power gains as the motor loosens up?

That's good news then - looks like my dealer advised me well then. I've found the 103" has such a spread of torque that you can just enjoy that all day without revving it too hard - wouldn't want to spoil that at all. Its got nearly 1000 miles on it now - have you noticed power gains as the motor loosens up?

I'm glad the dealer didn't nudge you towards needless performance work, as many do so they can make more money. The Twin Cam engine loosens a bit as the miles/km's accumulate, but it doesn't seem as noticeable as it did when my 12GSADV crossed north of 12,000 miles/20,000 km's.

That's a fine bike combo you have. :thumb

I'm glad the dealer didn't nudge you towards needless performance work, as many do so they can make more money. The Twin Cam engine loosens a bit as the miles/km's accumulate, but it doesn't seem as noticeable as it did when my 12GSADV crossed north of 12,000 miles/20,000 km's.

That's a fine bike combo you have. :thumb

Thanks - Im so trying not to trade the GS for a Cross Bones :D

Back
Top Bottom