Apple Iphone 4 Charger/mount wanted

Marks adventure

Through life
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone recommend me a charger/mount for my car so i can charge my new iphone 4 up whilst i'm driving?

Hard wired would be better, but open to ideas

I originally used one of the many "clamp" type mounts but then found that RAM make a really dinky little mount especially for the iPhone 4 (and a similar one for the 3). This screws to a standard 1" RAM ball so can be used with a RAM windscreen mount or any of the motorcycle mounts.

In the car the RAM suction cup is massively strong and on the bike the iPhone is so secure I can trust it off road.

For power any of the cigarette lighter/USB adapters you can get for a couple of pounds works with the standard Apple lead. Straight in the cig socket on the car or used with a DIN/cig socket adapter on the bike.

I got RAM mount from Amazon/Mountguys. It comes direct from USA so takes a few days but cheaper than ordering from UK distributers.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RAM-Mountin...LM/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1298446949&sr=8-26

This link is for the complete unit but if you already have RAM stuff the phone holder can be bought on its own for about £9.00

The USB adapters can bought everywhere from mobile phone shops to eBay (latter much cheaper)

Attachments

• ggg.jpg
    ggg.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 119
i got one of these Belkin USB charger (Maplin have them):
belkin-usb-iphone-charger.jpg

Very handy little thing it is too - you can leave it in the cigar socket and it doesn't get in the way

Is the Brodit one secure on a bike. I looked at it but could not see if there was any sort of lock which the RAM one has.

Back
Top Bottom