Enduro School?

xjr1200basher

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a Enduro School in the South of England?

Somewhere i can go and have a days fun with all the kit and bike included in the price!

I've always watched the Dakar rally thinking, i'd like to have a go at that!

It doesn't have to BMW related.....

Cheers :)

Try Patsy Quick's Dest Rose Adventure Riding Academy:Here.

They supply all the kit and the bikes. They use KTM 400 EXCs and now also an AJP 200 for the short of leg ...There were a few UKGSers there when I went with Jackie earlier this year. Try searching on Patsy and Quick or "Desert Rose" to find write ups.
Their mail order business fell short of pleasing some peeps on here, but the riding is cracking.

Desert Rose

+1 for Patsy's desert rose school, a cracking day out, learnt loads, great fun with great instructors, and all kit provided.

Plus 1 for Patsy

Have done theiR stage 2 and their endure training day. Now I am a rally addict!

Patsy is difficult to get hold of on the phone so I normally just fire a email. Have bought gear from her but it is only a three man band outfit which never rests. You just have to keep bugging her :D

Magwych, did jackie ever go back and do the course again? Thank her for the pics!

Mike

Hi Mie,
yes, Jackie did go back. Patsy got an AJP 200 in, which is bit smaller than the KTMs, and got her past her Demons :comfort Jackie now has a Sherco 3.0iF on order :clap

Somewhere i can go and have a days fun with all the kit and bike included in the price!

Is this Andy of Enduro Himalaya fame and fortune!!!! Have a chat with Mark Bilby (the medic on our trip) as he always seems to be going somewhere down your neck of the woods) - good to see you on here.

AndyT:thumb2

The Yamaha off road school in mid Wales run by the Geraint Jones is excelent and well worth the detour from southern England. A long time since I was there though.

Is this Andy of Enduro Himalaya fame and fortune!!!! Have a chat with Mark Bilby (the medic on our trip) as he always seems to be going somewhere down your neck of the woods) - good to see you on here.

AndyT:thumb2
Hi Andy, yes it is me!

How you doing?

Got myself a GS Adventure at the start of the year, absolutely loving it.....

I'll give Mark a shout and sort something out!

Cheers mate, take it easy

Hi Andy
Come to the Global Enduro "Mudpluggers Ball" next May and I'll sort you out with some 1 to 1 with Craig Bounds, I'll also have to send you my helmet cam video of you shouldering a bus out of the way in the Himalayas ;)

Hi Andy
Come to the Global Enduro "Mudpluggers Ball" next May and I'll sort you out with some 1 to 1 with Craig Bounds, I'll also have to send you my helmet cam video of you shouldering a bus out of the way in the Himalayas ;)

Hi Bob,
do you have the dates for next May yet, I'll check if i'm working or not:thumb2

Hi Andy

It will be the weekend of the 14th & 15th May, it a great weekend.

I organise the off-roading in the forest that we run our enduro's in (routes for beginner all the way up to British Championship level) and Richie organises the great social side, especially the do on the Saturday night. It's a great fun weekend :beerjug:

Hi Andy

It will be the weekend of the 14th & 15th May, it a great weekend.
:
Excellent news Bob is that I will be at home and not offshore so will make every effort to be down there. It would be good to see you all again. Its in my diary and I'll be keeping an eye out for the emails from Global Enduro

Andy:thumb

Hi Andy

Hi Bob,

Great to hear from you, I'll pencil that in for next year.

Although i've got road tyres on the old girl at the moment, would that be a problem with a rideout?

Cheers,

Andy B

It would be great to see both Andy's again.

Andy B - we can sort out a nice road ride and I've got an XR250 you can borrow for some off-road training and riding and Craig Bounds will have bikes available as well so you will soon be a dirt bike god all ready for the Dakar.

Thankyou very much Bob, looking forward to it!
Might be too old for the Dakar though?

Would love to see the clip of the 'shoulder barge', maybe you could upload it to Youtube?

Cheers

Yamaha off road school near Brighton

I went there in April last year and it was excellent. The guys are all ex-works racers and know their stuff. We used nearly new WR250's (they replace them twice each season) and above the fun we learned loads about bike control. Cost about £180 for the day all in.

Back
Top Bottom