Solutions
Reaction score
Hand made by Vern in the UK :D

frntright.jpg

right.jpg

110 litres but, 3" narrower than standard BMW ones

Can be made any size, want to know more Click here and ask

nothing like al jesse panniers

I think they look fookin ace, and the bloke that makes all this stuff is brilliant,and it's all british and not designed on a computer,and it's all hand made, so start buying it you talentless *******s or I won't let you see anything else I make.so there.Doh

Look the dogs danglies. How much do they cost and how do I get in touch.

I'm still working on these panniers, they will lock, but I'm having real problems finding a good enough locking system, I don't want to make locks myself, 'cos that will only add to the cost and I know what a load of tight wads you lot are. You can have them any colour you want, anodised or powder coated, but I'm going to have to work out a base price for them first, and then go from there. It really depends on how many people want a pair, so start saving. One thing for sure though, you won't buy a better made pannier, and it's British made as well, none of your foreign crap. If any one wants anything making properly, I can make it for you, I've got a great toyshop to play in, milling machines, CNC lathes, punching and folding machines, laser cutters, tig and mig welders, you know, the stuff everybodys got in the back of the garage. Let me know what you want, even if it's a one off.
Vern and the donkey that noddeth (for those of you that know me!!!!)
PS What a pisser about John Hill

Queations, questions, questions

Ball park figure on cost??

How do they attach?

Do they cramp the pillion?

Andy - I'm definitely interested, they would need to fit the standard old style pannier frames, which I spose wouldnt be a problem and I wouldnt need them as voluminous as the ones in the photo - maybe 35 ltrs each. Can you give me a clue on price ??

workshop picture please

Andy,
can we have a picture of the inside of your workshop,show us all these brilliant machines you have,i'm green with envy,CNC LATHES,MILLINGMACHINES,CUTTINGMACHINES,TIG ,MIG,PUNCHIN MACHINES,ECT ECT,I would swop a winning lottery ticket for all these, I can TIG/MIG/OXY weld, if you cut the panels I could weld them up for you,those boxes are class and you going to get some serious interest not just from the people that browse this site but world wide I hope you can keep up with demand,any chance of a job??. Andy

torque arm

Andy,
what about an adjustable torque arm? could you knock one of these up? Andy.

Right. The al jess panniers are about £850ish by the time they get to this country (depending on taxes) so they'll be a lot cheaper than that, it all depends how many people want them. Mass production is no problem, the same as one offs, it all comes down to how much you want to spend, the skys the limit.An exhaust went out last week for £2500, and there's a bike waiting to have a £1500 pipe made (I think he's saving up?). The panniers don't get in the way of the pillions legs, and if they do, make them walk, or get their own bike. I'm trying to get a whole lot of stuff made, so I can get it all on a web site for you all to look at. I made some five inch dia' side stand pucks today, with a hole in them so you can tie a piece of para cord to them, that way you don't have to bend down to pick it up, sit on the bike, wind it in and then bugger off,watch this space. Torque arms are no probs, stainless steel I presume. Let me know. Beer calls, TTFN

£2500 exhaust ?

Andy,
whats this £2500 exhaust look like,why so expensive,is that what your customer wanted to pay?was it for GS, questions questions I know,but we want know please tell us more.Andy

I'm interested - was about to order some Al Jesses til I saw this thread. Can I come and see you to discuss?

The £2500 pipe was for a rally car, hand made out of 0.5mm stainless, over 150 man hours, Even better than that, the spanner monkey used it as a jacking point, my , how we larfed??. The panniers are being developed slowly, as I'm a bit of a cripple, I can only do a bit at a time, so you'll have to bear with me. I don't think that mounting them on the standard plastic frames is a very good idea, I was going to make a frame to mount them on as part of the package, or just supply the boxes for you to mount on touratech frames if you wanted. You wouldn't believe how many problems you can run into developing somthing like this, but it'll be worth the wait. I've got loads of bits to develope, but it's hard to keep every one happy, so I'll just plod along, and see what I end up with. Cheers for all the imput, it is valued.
Vern

Vern,

Who said that the British couldn't make anything good anymore?

This Vern bloke has talant,

I think that there are many for us keeping a watchful eye on developments.

Jenks

devil in the detail

Vern im interested in ur panniers system, the first consideration for me is the look,s does the exhaust side pannier sit out or like the touratec special set is there a cut out then all the usual considerations ,,,, then the final thought PRICE how much and for what ie mounting brackets details please . Email thanks

Looks Good

Andy

Your stuff (and ideas ) looks very good and I hope you make a packet good luck

Regards Stewart :beerjug:

'kin ell give us a chance. I'm in Worcester, Have you not seen the exhaust I made for mine, who needs a cut out in their panniers? I'm trying to get a whole load of stuff made so I can start some kind of web page with prices and details on. ( you wait till you see the suspension units that are being made, all you people with yellow springs will be crying in your bank statments?????!!!!) Let me know what you want, and I'll see what can be done, the more of you that want's the same thing, the cheaper it gets.

Back
Top Bottom