New - Any Insurance Recommendations

northcave

Hey chaps i'm new and haven't got a GS yet but planning on it. Does anyone have any insurance companies they can especially recommend?

Cheers

Tim

Ring round as many as you can cope with. They'll all try and beat each other.
Try one of the comparison sites to get you started.

I joined IAM and called their recommended broker. You have to be a member but got it to around £250 for an 10 GS. Only pain is that the bike has to be garaged when I am at home as I live in North London. Cost £89 to join IAM with a £50 rebate from Herts CC. All in all I am ahead. Name of the broker is Adelaide Insurance who are based in Northern Ireland and they are very aggressive is terms of pricing. Basically just name the price and they will likely match or beat it. Good luck.

BMW's insurance has always been the cheapest for me. Try them, if you buy from a dealer they have the contact details.:rob

I second the BMW insurance suggestion. It's been the cheapest by far for me. Good for multibike policy as well. You can get the link from the BMW Motorrad web site.

I second the BMW insurance suggestion. It's been the cheapest by far for me. Good for multibike policy as well. You can get the link from the BMW Motorrad web site.
Yup! :thumb2 Just gone back to BMW on renewal - £150 for an '07 1200, 49, full NCB etc.

Try Adrian Flux/BikeSure Innsurance. 2005 1200gs, full NCB Comprehensive Cover, £72.00. No one has been able to beat this quote. It might help that I have my ST1300 insured through them (£85.00 as above) and my car.

Steve

I had BMW insurance on my old bike, for me they were marginally more expensive but they were very good when it was stolen. None of the usual guff where they try and wriggle out of it or give you a crap price for your bike and they were very efficient. You gets what you pay for sometimes!

Greetings - I use e bike and find them to be pretty good. Alot of their comms is done via their website, which is fine if you are comfortable doing that. I paid £188 fully comp, protected NCB, euro cover, legal cover etc.

Hey chaps i'm new and haven't got a GS yet but planning on it. Does anyone have any insurance companies they can especially recommend?

Cheers

Tim
Im insuared through Footman James I have 4 bikes with me 45 & the better half 35 on the policy fully comp, agreed value, legal protection, european cover, breakdown recovery europe wide, tools insuared in the garage, Im insuared for injury or worse if working on them, even road rage cover,unlimited mileage, £203 for the lot there is no no claims on this policy as its a classic + non classic policy so you have to have at least an even amount of classic bikes 15+ years old to non classic. they must be garaged when at home address overnight.
I am very pleased with them as a broker very quick & proffesional.
A good deal to insuare a 1150gs, fireblade, vfr400nc30 & a cd250u me thinks.:beer:

BMW insurance gets my vote- £160 for my 2009 GSA plus my 2007 K1200r and all sorted without hassle when I binned my GSA earlier this year - Oh and £160 before the crash and £160 at renewal after the crash (aged 47 South Cheshire 10 protected years NCB).

HTH Dave

Price comparison sites do bikes now too, just watch out for them following up your contact details. E.g. Compare the Market or Tesco have one too!

Insurance

Dewitts were good for me zero no claims/returning to biking after a few years break, came out at £113 fully comp

Devitts is BMW.
Agree on bmw insurance being excellent, Added 2nd bike(F800GS for extra £10) IAM/adelaide have never come close .

If anyone is familiar with Quidco cashback site, ive just had a quote from swinton via quidco. At the moment swinton are giving £30 cashback and quidco are giving £27 cashback so from £110 with 3 yrs NCD (2 prangs in my car) i will pay £53 comprehensive, no frills included though. My last bike cost me £16 for the year after cashback.

If anyone is familiar with Quidco cashback site, ive just had a quote from swinton via quidco. At the moment swinton are giving £30 cashback and quidco are giving £27 cashback so from £110 with 3 yrs NCD (2 prangs in my car) i will pay £53 comprehensive, no frills included though. My last bike cost me £16 for the year after cashback.

Please ignore the £110 quote i got from Swinton. They quote was from NIG who they're not using anymore. My quote has now gone up to £168 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Re whetstone

I joined IAM and called their recommended broker. You have to be a member but got it to around £250 for an 10 GS. Only pain is that the bike has to be garaged when I am at home as I live in North London. Cost £89 to join IAM with a £50 rebate from Herts CC. All in all I am ahead. Name of the broker is Adelaide Insurance who are based in Northern Ireland and they are very aggressive is terms of pricing. Basically just name the price and they will likely match or beat it. Good luck.

sorry to high jack this thread, but just seen that you are in Whetstone, well in 2 hours time i might be the owner of a GS 1150, and i also live in Whetstone. so I might have seen you about.
Dave.

Whatever you do avoid anything with Aviva's name on it. I had an accident on the 21st May and the bike was in a BMW dealer's workshop the same day- excellent service from BMW Recovery. Today, 33 days later, the claim was approved. I have spent hours on hold over many calls trying to get someone to take responsibility and progress things.

I bought the policy through the RAC who, as far as I can see, add no value to the process at all, they just pass everything through to Devitts. Devitts tell me that Aviva will only speak to me as the insured, so I can't see that Devitts are adding any value either.

Back
Top Bottom