DVLA Approved 125s for learners?

Surrey Yeoman

Reaction score
Chaps (& Ladies)

I seem to recal something I read a little while ago - either on the forum or in the bike press - about someone taking their bike test on some chinese import 125 and having problems getting the Cat A (restricted) entitlement on their driving licence as the DSA / DVLA, or whoever it was, didn't recognise the bike as a suitable machine as it wasn't on their list of such bikes, so would only give an A1 category.

Someone said that there was a list of "approved" machines, but try as I may, I can't seem to find it, either via the DSA or DVLA websites.

Anyone know where to look?

There seems to be conflicting information as to whether or not the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) have a list fo suitable bikes for the A2 test. When I made enquiries four years ago I was told by the DSA that they have no list and it was at the discretion of the examiner as to what licence category would be recorded. They stated that they had tried to obtain the data on top speed from the manufacturers but they had been reluctant to provide it, so they gave up on the idea.

Back
Top Bottom