Cheap Harleys?

Twotter

Reaction score
Where do you find them?

MCN & Biketrader always seem to have expensive bikes for sale, so is there somewhere else I could be looking?

Looking at the bigger bikes, not Sportsters or Rods.

:nenau

I wondering the same. I fancy a dyna sport, the same as the one Bobble was selling, and wouldn't have a problem with buying one with a few miles on. They don't seem to exist :nenau

I bought a new 1200 sportster a few years ago and put the best part of 25k on it in two years. Couldn't sell it for love nor money in the UK so ended up selling it to a guy in Hungary. They must be out there somewhere.

The Holy Grail

What do you mean by cheap? :nenau

Unfortunately, at the moment, the Euro exchange rate means virtually everybody I know who's sold a hog recently has seen it shipped abroad. Even stuff like early EVO's :nenau

Secondly the thriving custom scene for HDs means that once they get to around £4,000 - £5,000 then they become cheaper than buying an S&S motor and building a new bike. Also a friend recently paid £1,000 for a log book and a frame because it was an old enough reg to dodge emission regulations and indicator needs. They are also more admired provided they are tastefully customised, consequently people keep them and spend money on them rather than selling and buying a new one.

Finally they just hold their value really well. Most are just toys that hardly turn a wheel in anger. Consequently once their affluent owner has bought and paid for it then he / she is happy for it to sit in the garage for the few weekends when they can run it in the dry.

There are few bargains but you can pick up some good value bikes if you look for long enough. Try looking here as well as the usual places: www.harley-davidson-hangout.com

:thumb2

5 off so far incl'd an early Evo a mid Evo and a new shovel, way back when :comfort

:D:D:D:D:D Clearly knows jack :blast

Best regards Stretch :)
PS two earlyish twin cams 2000 and 2005 for my sins

Calling Twotter

I have a 2005 Electraglide in your price range - if you're interested, maybe we can do a deal?

PM me (if you can, I cannot PM you)

A

Our aus exchange rate is good enough to seriously think about bringing one in from the states even with shipping and 'compliance' , its cheaper than here.

the tricky part is finding one thats cheap but original - or the costs start to escalate as they have to be put back to standard to comply :blast

Back
Top Bottom