Lockable toolbox cover

John O'Kane

I ride my 1100GS with the front seat only(the rear is too high for me to throw my leg over and I never take a pillion). Is is possible to get a lockable cover for the toolbox which is now exposed?
JohnO

Toolbox Cover

John,

Wunderlich has a lockable cover for the toolbox; metal, color is the same silver as your rack. It is made by ZweckDesign in Germany.
Because I got the Touratech sportseat now, mine is for sale for
half the new price+p&p, so 50 - 55 Euro's ...

John.

Do you mean that the supplied cover is missing? If not, you may not know that the OE tool tray is lockable using the detachable latch hidden in the tool tray.

Russ.

Boxer, I could be wrong, but I think the locking latch thingy only came out on the 1150s.:confused:

Andrew.

My '98 1100 came with one. I've never seen the latch mentioned in the supplied manuals but one came with my bike for sure.

Russ.

Ask Paul G to tell you where the picture of the one I made for him is, Like I said, if you want something making, I can make it. I really don't understand why you all go running to the German companies when you can get better stuff made here, probabaly cheaper as well, in fact Paul G is more than likely watching me type this, so show them the photo or the monkey gets it. Ta
Nodding Vern and the donkey

boxer said:
Andrew.

My '98 1100 came with one. I've never seen the latch mentioned in the supplied manuals but one came with my bike for sure.

Russ.
My 850 came with one. I read about it on the USA GS website and it infers that all GS's have them!!!!

HAve Fun
AndyT

Thank you

I found the BMW widget in the toolbox - almost by chance after I had concluded it was not there. That toolbox is a masterpiece of design!

Thank you all.

JohnO

John

I'm glad that you've now found the locking do-hickey in the tool box.

I'm reliably informed that, if you run without the rear seat, you should always use the lock. This is not to prevent the local 4th formers from nicking your tools as there won't be any left. Your tool kit will be scattered around the countryside that you've just ridden. These lids are notorius for popping off if unlocked.

Greg

Greg Masters said:
These lids are notorius for popping off if unlocked.

Not just the lids, apparently!

I met a chap at Lind's of Norwich a couple of weeks ago who was just picking up a replacement rear seat & tool cover for his silver GS - apparently he'd just got home to find the bits, and half his tools, missing....

MikeO:(

Re: Thank you

John O'Kane said:
I found the BMW widget in the toolbox - almost by chance after I had concluded it was not there. That toolbox is a masterpiece of design!

Thank you all.

JohnO
Page 14 of the owners manual tells you all about it.

Have Fun
AndyT

Tool box cover

Andy Vernon said:
Ask Paul G to tell you where the picture of the one I made for him is, Like I said, if you want something making, I can make it. I really don't understand why you all go running to the German companies when you can get better stuff made here, probabaly cheaper as well, in fact Paul G is more than likely watching me type this, so show them the photo or the monkey gets it. Ta
Nodding Vern and the donkey

Andy: I would love to have not a cover but a base to bolt the top box to so it could be installed instead of the back seat. Can you make it? Let me know. Yosi

Back
Top Bottom