Adventure Gloves

Giles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Triumph have recently brought out an adventure glove. And its good!

I've spent the last few months looking for the perfect short cuff, off road stylee glove. I want a palm with a little bit of grip to it, a small degree of protection on my knuckles, a texture that is neither traditional thick leather nor flimsy moto-x polly cotton stuff.

Throughout the summer I've been using Alpinestar moto-x gloves on the GS. They're good for feel and dexterity, but just that little bit too thin on my palms and also have bugger all protection if I come off. Despite these shortfalls, they ticked most of the boxes in my wish list. I was happy enough to ride with them during the summer but even with heated grips, they are just too thin at this time of year.

Today I bought these!

003.jpg

*Edit - Price is £50*

*Edit .. Price - £50*

I've tried various forms of adventure gloves over the last few months, from the BM own brand, to Alpinestars. These are new out (in line with Triumphs new adventure bike) and are undoubtedly the best I've tried to date.

004.jpg

The gloves have a wind and waterproof membrane which make them warm without being thick and clumsy. That in turn gives the grips in my hand the perfect feel I've been looking for - not too thick and clumsy, not too thin and hard.

The suede on the palm has that little bit of adhesion and grip, and the knuckle protection is just what I'm loking for.

006.jpg

The only criticism I can find is that its hard to undo the velcro tab on the wrist - the velcro sticks the whole thing down which makes it mildly difficult to unpeel.

002.jpg

For me, a top pair of gloves that definitely get my full approval! 9/10 :thumb2

Yep - great gloves for The red Lion on a saturday night too ....

Sorry, What a complete idiot - the price!!!! £50. Can't remember what the BM ones were, but something around that price. If I remember correctly, the BM gloves had a longer cuff on them that I didn't like ..

Sorry to bump an old thread, but just wondered how you have found these longer term? Looking to buy a couple of sets of these for a trip this year - they look ideal for adv riding, just concerned about warmth/waterproof-ness? (No heated grips on our bikes :blast ) How have you found them in that respect - would they work as an all-seasons glove?

Price has now gone up to £55

But still a great glove. Have not tried them in torrential rain but they were OK yesterday morning when it was quite damp!

16 months later ....

Great pair of gloves. If I was one of those bike journos who review and rate their kit from time to time in the mags, I'd be giving these 5 / 5. I've worn them pretty much non stop on and off road and have only substituted them for moto-x gloves on hot summer days.

No fraying, no liner nightmares pulling out hands (the liners must be stitched in at the end of the fingers), and above all a good feel. Not too fat and clumsy, not too thin - I still have a bit of squidge under my fingers.

Never been washed and just keep on going ... :thumb

Have a look what the armour, padding and what the surface area is like under the knuckle protector.
It's been know for people to chop their tendons following a simple fall with some similar gloves.:)

Yeah, but it's all a big compromise :nenau

The knuckle protector bit is great for smacking smart arses back chatters in the chops with ... :)

I bought a pair of the Triumph "Camo" gloves a couple of summers ago.

http://www.bladegrouptriumph.co.uk/buy/triumph-Triumph-Camo-Glove/hjp61607.htm

I've been really pleased with them as a summer glove. Used them for two summers now, in all weathers including last summer in the Picos where they were fine in the heat (when we found some). Behind the handguards they don't get too wet, when they do I can't recall getting soaked hands. I'm not really the "Camo type", whatever that is, but I didn't even realise there was a pattern on the fabric for a few days. Not what you might call obvious.
For £22 they are a bargain.

just bought a pair of these adventure gloves £35 at a local stealer, apparently reduction from triumph so check out your local dealers

Ive also used these on and off road for maybe 12 months and really good as the man says!
As for crashing in them only off road and all fine so far

just bought a pair of these adventure gloves £35 at a local stealer, apparently reduction from triumph so check out your local dealers

Just got 2 pairs ( for me and SWMBO) at £35 a pair ... just back from a ride... a really comfortable pair of gloves :thumb

Back
Top Bottom