KTM 250 EXC advice please

Homer1968

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks can some one give me some advice in relation to the above bike. Im a complete offroad novice and have seen a 250 at a good price to off road, green lane on and have muddy fun with. Been looking at quite a few DRZ 400'S but the ones ive looked at have been sold already, Would the above bike suit me? or is it just too mental for a beginner.
Im 6ft2 and 15 stone so would this bike be alright? If you think its too bonkers for me let me know. Also if you think i should snatch the lads hand off let me know that also. Its an 07 plate up for £2400

Thoughts please as the money is burning an hole in my pocket and if not spent soon will probably be spent on furniture by her in doors

Cheers

If it a 250 EXC 2 stroke then you will probably die whereas the 250 EXC 4 stroke is a great little bike however like it's bigger 4 stroke brothers it needs lots of fettling/servicing like valve clearances, oil & oil filter changes every 15 hours etc :augie

The EXC range are Enduro (i.e. race) bikes when the DRZ (regardless of wether it's an 'E' or 'S' model) are softer edged trail bikes :thumb2

£2400 for any 07 plated KTM sounds cheap to me but check on what work it has had done to it and how many hours it's done before you commit to buy and remember condition is all important :thumb2

As Nice'n'Fat says, that price sounds too cheap for a decent bike - ask LOTS of questions.

The KTM 250 4t's regularly need new pistons and at that price I reckon that it's due one. If you're used to spannering, that's not so bad, but you will have to factor in several hundred pounds if someone else will be doing it for you.

Thanks for the advice folks. I managed to get a DRZ 400 off flea bay. Chuffed to bits with it and its not too scary. I did like the 250 exc f tho.

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom