Speeding charge

Beamer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just got pulled speeding on the N7 where the road changes from 2 lanes to 3 and the speed limit accually goes down from 120 to 100.
I was pulled by a lone motorcycle cop and told i will recive my fine and points in 3 weeks.

My question is, does anybody know if it is possible to inforce if it is only one guards word against mine?

I was in my van and missed the change in speed so may have been just a little over the limit.

Thanks guys in advance :thumb

Kev

How unlike you, Kev. :augie
You should know better. :rob
Did he/she show you the speed on the gun? I think they changed the law a few years ago to make that sufficient.
:comfort :aidan

How unlike you, Kev. :augie
You should know better. :rob
Did he/she show you the speed on the gun? I think they changed the law a few years ago to make that sufficient.
:comfort :aidan

No Jim, he showed me nothing! Was soooo unlike me! :blast
may be ok then?

its going to get worse as the new gatso vans are active, also be warned that they are active at night :comfort :beerjug::augie

Kev, did he take your details and then enter them into his little black book, if the answer is yes then our busted:blast

new vans

As far as I know the garda must prove your were over the speed limit ...Thing is you then must go to court to find out if he has that proof ... If he has ,the fine and points are more ... If he /she cannot prove it and you decide to go to court it probably would be pulled... But why would he stop you if he was not in a position to prove you were over the limit ?

Seperate question So you are rolling along on your bike and around a corner is one of the new camera vans with its rear doors facing you.. Does any one know if they can get your rear reg details ?

yeah the newer model gatso vans have a side window on the drivers side to take pictures of the rear license plate, dunno if it is specifically for bikes. More likely in case the front plate was unreadable

I saw one in operation on the ballincollig by-pass in Cork not too long ago.
A Red unmarked Renault Traffic Hi-top

which is why we should all get one of these :D:D:D:D:D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NC2ZR9l4koM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NC2ZR9l4koM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RATS

yeah the newer model gatso vans have a side window on the drivers side to take pictures of the rear license plate, dunno if it is specifically for bikes. More likely in case the front plate was unreadable

I saw one in operation on the ballincollig by-pass in Cork not too long ago.
A Red unmarked Renault Traffic Hi-top

which is why we should all get one of these :D:D:D:D:D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NC2ZR9l4koM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NC2ZR9l4koM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They do look like fun

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-...e?height=525&width=660&inlineId=youtube-video

As far as I know the garda must prove your were over the speed limit ...Thing is you then must go to court to find out if he has that proof ... If he has ,the fine and points are more ... If he /she cannot prove it and you decide to go to court it probably would be pulled... But why would he stop you if he was not in a position to prove you were over the limit ?

Seperate question So you are rolling along on your bike and around a corner is one of the new camera vans with its rear doors facing you.. Does any one know if they can get your rear reg details ?

I was talking to a traffic cop in Knockhill earlier this year and he told me that the film of you speeding and passing the van (so your plate can be seen) has to be continuous, if you pull out of view even for just a minute before you pass the van they cant prosecute. But that was in the UK not sure bout here.

Thanks Ash :ronno Will need a strong old bit of rope :eek

It's all gone wrong over here what with the new speed cameras! :eek:

Better get a push bike :mad:

I wouldn't mind but i never break the law :angel :green gri

Thanks Ash :ronno Will need a strong old bit of rope :eek

It's all gone wrong over here what with the new speed cameras! :eek:

Better get a push bike :mad:

I wouldn't mind but i never break the law :angel :green gri

say Mide was driving :augie :green gri
She's worth it :D

I would have done Ash, only i had a shave in the morning and did not have enough stubble to pull it off! :augie

never thought of that :blast
you could say you were needed at home quickly,one look at err and no fine or points :augie
;)

I would have done Ash, only i had a shave in the morning and did not have enough stubble to pull it off! :augie

Ash! He didn't used to say things like that:eek

You're clearly a bad influence:rob

And you're sleeping in the shed at New Years!!!

;)

Back
Top Bottom