Wed 24th Kent Lanes

coasty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

Would anyone be interested in taking in some gentle green lanes in Kent on Wednesday. I have ridden most lanes in Kent regularly on a small bike over the past few years, but collected my 1100gs last week and am keen to get out :bounce1 either on the road or ideally a few of the lanes. I have some TKC 80's but they are not fitted at the moment so will be on Tourances and taking it easy. Ideally looking at the morning, early afternoon, I will be heading out from Bexley area.

I am at work during the day and I don't like getting my bike covered in mud but there should be a few of us at The Plough Eynsford wednesday evening, come along and say hello.

If you don't see any bikes in the carpark don't assume we're not there though, quite a few turn up in cars.

Wednesday ride out

Hi all

Would anyone be interested in taking in some gentle green lanes in Kent on Wednesday. I have ridden most lanes in Kent regularly on a small bike over the past few years, but collected my 1100gs last week and am keen to get out :bounce1 either on the road or ideally a few of the lanes. I have some TKC 80's but they are not fitted at the moment so will be on Tourances and taking it easy. Ideally looking at the morning, early afternoon, I will be heading out from Bexley area.

Hi there, can't make it during the day, but I'm not too far from you, in Bostall Heath, and could fix up for a ride out on a later date. I'm planning on being at the Plough tomorrow night, so if you get there we can have a chat. Cheers, Dave:thumb

Unfortunately I can't make the evening as i'm out with my better half :comfort
How often do you meet there, is the Plough meet part of the SE group ?

I work shifts so can often be out riding on weekdays and the occasional weekend. I'll also keep an eye on any organised rides and hopefully meet up with some of you.

We meet at The Plough every 4th Wednesday and at The Ace Cafe every 1st Sunday of the month. Keep an eye on the South East section as a few people, especially Woodsie, organise rideouts for all abilities. Hope to see you there sometime.

Now with pics

I went out for a ride anyway, I guess it was a bit short notice for many.
I was desperately keen to try out my new bike on some lanes and as I was by myself tried to pick the ones I thought would be easiest :augie

For those that know the area I started at Eynsford and went across the rutted byway across the fields, quite interesting ruts and road tyres !
Then through Knatts valley and up the byway just past the golf club, no real problems, then on the resurfaced ones out to near the Oakdene which were fine.

I went up the first of the stepped byways with no problems, only finding for descending, slowly that 1st was a little to high and I had to dip the clutch and use the brakes otherwise 1st was pushing me forwards against the brakes.

Full of confidence I decided to try my hand at the second stepped byway. Not such a good idea, I ran out of traction (unsuprisingly) about halfway up and had to back the bike about 50m down a slippery track until I could turn it around (this is where I discovered the true weight difference between it and my TTR 250 )

Onto the byways around Holly Hill and the bike was perfect, quite chilled chugging along at about 1500rpm in 2nd gear listening to the exhaust note.

I can't wait to get the TKC 80's fitted and do some more.

Attachments

• P1010078.JPG
    P1010078.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 34
  • P1010079.JPG
    P1010079.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 32
  • P1010081.JPG
    P1010081.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010082.JPG
    P1010082.JPG