Rear Fog Light / Prototype??

Geordie Foote

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a good rear fog light?
Or
High Reselution rear bulb.
Or
Some type of flasher unit which alternates between brake light and tail light, this would flash something simillar to a Grand Prix's car type of fog light. This could be over ridden by brake lever application?????
Any idea's?
Any want to try to develope a prototype?????
I reckon it's a winner?

Well, the third option breaks the law (red lights to the rear must be either on or off but not flash). The first you can get at Halfrauds for about a tenner and the second from most motorcycle shops for about another tenner.

Turbine....

Doesn't every single push bike in the world now have flashing red rear lights??????????????

Geordie

Re: Turbine....

Geordie Foote said:
Doesn't every single push bike in the world now have flashing red rear lights??????????????

Geordie

They do indeed, but as I understand it, they too are illegal.....hence them having a permenant ON mode within the choices of sequences.

It's not however, if the light is not FIXED to the vehicle.

So if you had it attached to say your Rucksack, you'd be fine....:confused:

CC

:cool:

Fog light

Buy a touratech LED rear light wire the light to the light and the brake light to an auxilary supply and use it for fog, sort of thing done on PD racing bikes as they need to have a permanent high visability rear light.

you wouldn't want a grand prix car one.

unreliable - over-priced rubbish. :)

cost about 500 quid each, i think.

( still - mr spock can get 'em for 20 quid i expect ) ;)

My option..

Since I am not really electrically minded.. I went down the route of LED units for a bicycle..

They have a constant on mode.. and are very bright at night.
I have two mounted off the indicator storks.. and
one which you cannot see in the photo below, but is mounted off the right hand side pillion foot peg hanger.

£9 each and give 100hours or more oh continual use.
I use mine in bad weather, and fog.

I have been told they are "very" effective, especially in the welsh fog and mist we get up here. I do a lot of riding at night..

Attachments

• j5.jpg
    j5.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 301
LED Rear light

I'm only putting this up because we recieved one for the raffle at Princetown this weekend and having had a look at it, it is the dogs b******. It plugs in just like to bulb how ever it is a cluster of LED lights 24 Red + 4 white (number plate). Don't know how it works on the bike but it has got to be better than on bulb and a hell of a lot brighter. There is a web site if you want a look.

www.NippyNormans.com

I have to say I had not heard of them until he rang us up to donate a raffle prize, and therefore have no dealings with the company or Norman, however if I don't win it at Princetown I will be ordering one for my bike, what with winter on its way!!!!!

Dave & Val

Light buddies..

Nippy Norman has some nice bits.
In addition to the LED dicycle units, I also fitted a set of the Light Buddies that NN sells.

They work great, especially with clear indicator lenses.. lights up the whole lense red.. and looks good.

I also ordered one of those LED bulbs.. was ok,, but not as bright as hoped.. I have the original bulb back in for the moment.

Nice prize for a raffle though..

Nippy Norman

Now where have I heard that name before :confused:
Ah yes I remember now. In tests 9 out of ten UKGSers think he's a decent bloke to do business with...

Back
Top Bottom