getting a round the world bike ready

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
here's a good idea - rocker covers in two halves, so you only need to carry half a rocker as a spare .

Attachments

• imag0011.jpg
    imag0011.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 874
got a nice HPN exhaust on it.

Attachments

• imag0008.jpg
    imag0008.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 764
all done and ready to go -

Attachments

• imag0021.jpg
    imag0021.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 691
fcuk me the silencer is worth more than the rest of the bike!

you are showing a bit too much leg for this type of "forum" if you dont mind me saying.

where can you buy half a rocker cover by the way?

A few tips Me Cockney sparra, for your RTW trip

You will encounter green coloured stuff, this is grass and is harmless but slippy

Some roads do not have buildings at the side of them.

Some roads have no paint on them at all.

Outside the city, referred by some as the countryside, some highways do not have lights.

If your bike starts to slow down for no reason, then you may have encountered what we call a hill. Tricky things until you get used to them.

Apples and pears outside London are actually fruits....... I know thats a difficult one to believe, but its true.

London is actually part of a land mass called Britain, This is surrounded by water. This may also be confusing as the water you will encounter may appear blue, and may be see through. Not grey and cloudy. Fish live in this and not in a market.

The rest of the world is not coloured pink

Be prepared to travel long distances without putting your feet down. ............. yes, more than 200 yards.

Be prepared to stop when traffic lights show red, do not accelerate.......... unless in Italy.

Parking IS permitted WITHOUT paying in some places.

If you find yourself in Scotland you will not see men in kilts or find deep fried mars bars on sale.

If anybody asks if you are English when abroad, say NO. They cannot tell by your accent. We all sound the same to them.
Say you are Scottish or Irish. You will be greeted with a smile and accepted into the bosom of their family. ( that bit is true)

Have a nice trip, when are you going? soon?

DISCLAIMER.
This posting was written without intent to offend anyone and with no racist thoughts. Londoners are the salt of the earth and should be treated as such.

Den said:
A few tips Me Cockney sparra, for your RTW trip

You will encounter green coloured stuff, this is grass and is harmless but slippy

Some roads do not have buildings at the side of them.

Some roads have no paint on them at all.

Outside the city, referred by some as the countryside, some highways do not have lights.

If your bike starts to slow down for no reason, then you may have encountered what we call a hill. Tricky things until you get used to them.

Apples and pears outside London are actually fruits....... I know thats a difficult one to believe, but its true.

London is actually part of a land mass called Britain, This is surrounded by water. This may also be confusing as the water you will encounter may appear blue, and may be see through. Not grey and cloudy. Fish live in this and not in a market.

The rest of the world is not coloured pink

Be prepared to travel long distances without putting your feet down. ............. yes, more than 200 yards.

Be prepared to stop when traffic lights show red, do not accelerate.......... unless in Italy.

Parking IS permitted WITHOUT paying in some places.

If you find yourself in Scotland you will not see men in kilts or find deep fried mars bars on sale.

If anybody asks if you are English when abroad, say NO. They cannot tell by your accent. We all sound the same to them.
Say you are Scottish or Irish. You will be greeted with a smile and accepted into the bosom of their family. ( that bit is true)

Have a nice trip, when are you going? soon?

DISCLAIMER.
This posting was written without intent to offend anyone and with no racist thoughts. Londoners are the salt of the earth and should be treated as such.

Very similar to the advice given by the Royal Geographic Society!
never followed a word of advice myself ever- just copy the locals.

Bad news i'm afraid - its not me thats going, the thread is headed -- getting a round the world bike ready - which is what i've done.

somebody else is the lucky fellow.

so F.U.A.

:D :D :D

Hey, don't knock T66s! A great compromise between grip and longevity - 12000 miles from a rear no problem saves loads of hassle. I'd happily fit them again on another RTW trip and still have a pair fitted now.

A tube of Araldite is much smaller to carry than half a rocker cover and works wonders when holing a cover in the back of beyond.

Simon

That would be my bike currently in for a service!!!..........does all this image usage mean I get a discount???

NickC said:
That would be my bike currently in for a service!!!..........does all this image usage mean I get a discount???

Sorry Nick more likely you will be charged extra due to all the additional problems pointed out :D

Nice bike though, have one just like that expect the can, and ermm the rocker covers, seat adn shocks. Ohhh and it's red and in Africa.;)

Back
Top Bottom